Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Navigation, Routes & Roads
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-10-2018, 06:25 PM   #1

Page Arizona to Las Vegas via lower Utah route

We are currently in Page Arizona. The weather has been good up here. We were going to go back to Williams, then on to Las Vegas with a stop at Kingman before heading south to Texas. The weather is showing possible snow on Tues and Wed for Williams and rain for Kingman. We were thinking its only four hours to Vegas over the Utah route. We would stay a few days there, then stop in Kingman on the way south. We are driving a 40ft pusher with a toad. Does anyone have any input into taking the Utah route this time of year. Are there any big passes ect. The weather looks good, and I have checked all the elevations of each town and it appears they are not much higher than we are here in Page. Any input would be appreciated.
Modify message
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-10-2018, 06:45 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Fairly mild route of two lane highways until you get to I-15, and since you are already on the Kaibab plateau as you said you not much elevation change.
WinnieView is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 07:08 PM   #3

Kanab to Fredonia on 389 to I-15 is OK depending on weather. Kanab to 9 thru Zion has a tunnel that I have not done but last I knew RVs were allowed. You would want to check it out. I believe the tunnel is in Zion NP. For mountain grades and passes I use: Mountain Directory Mountain Directory for Truckers, RV, and Motorhome Drivers
Be sure to keep an eye on the weather, and get the scoop on the tunnel from Zion NP.
Old 02-10-2018, 07:08 PM   #4

Thank you for the reply. My research helps, but hate to overlook the much knowledge on the forums. Thanks again.
Old 02-10-2018, 07:27 PM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
We've "done" the tunnel to enter the Park but no reason otherwise. Avoid the Park unless you want to visit one of the 7 National Parks of UT.
Old 02-10-2018, 07:34 PM   #6

We might stay the night in Hurricane and take the toad up to check out Zion for the afternoon. Will not be taking the rv to Zion. Thx for the reply.
Old 02-10-2018, 07:55 PM   #7

I goggled it and the one tunnel is fine, but the long one only is 13 ft 1 in the centre and 11 ft 4 on the sides. As stated, Im not going that way, but in case it helps some one else. cheers
Old 02-10-2018, 08:10 PM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
If you "do" the tunnel in a typical RV you have to pay extra at the tunnel entrance booth, traffic is halted coming the other direction, and you must drive down the center of the tunnel to the other end.

Tags
arizona, gas