Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Navigation, Routes & Roads
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-09-2017, 04:45 PM   #1

Parking at Wall Drug, Wall South Dakota

Greetings,

Wife would like to stop at Wall Drug in Wall, SD on the way out to MT. Rushmore, SD. Anyone know what the parking and or maneuvering would be like for a 33' Class C with a Toad? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
prndl
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-09-2017, 04:56 PM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
No problem there is lots of parking for RV down the road. Stopped there last September with a 39 ft Class A. Go for it you will love it.
Cacique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 05:02 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Thor Owners Club
plenty of parking on a gravel lot...lots of signs but also lots of construction. we were just there at the end of April...
Old 05-09-2017, 05:24 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by prndl View Post
Greetings,

Wife would like to stop at Wall Drug in Wall, SD on the way out to MT. Rushmore, SD. Anyone know what the parking and or maneuvering would be like for a 33' Class C with a Toad? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
prndl
no issue. there are a couple of lots for RVs and trucks within 1-2 blocks of "downtown" wall.
rk911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 05:41 PM   #5

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
This should help Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20170509-194015.png
Views:	313
Size:	818.5 KB
ID:	161279
Old 05-09-2017, 05:43 PM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Lots of RV with towed
Old 05-09-2017, 06:57 PM   #7

In addition there are two campgrounds within easy walking distance if you decide to stay a night or two.
BillL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 08:28 AM   #8

Sorry, but I don't get the Wall Drug thing. It's just a big "old style" tourist trap that sells the same "stuff" you see in every tourist town. Maybe years ago, it was something else, and something special.........

We happened to end up in Wall after a day of exploring the Bandlands, and decided to see what Wall Drug was all about since we were right there. I'm happy to say, that we didn't go more than a mile out of our way, and didn't waste more than 15 minutes of time to park and get in and out.

But if your into "tourist shops" and like buying "tourist stuff" Wall Drug is certainly the place to do it.
Betr2Trvl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 10:19 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betr2Trvl View Post
Sorry, but I don't get the Wall Drug thing. It's just a big "old style" tourist trap that sells the same "stuff" you see in every tourist town. Maybe years ago, it was something else, and something special.........
that's true but we like to stop at Wall whenever we're heading that way. the ice cream and donuts are first rate and i love spending time in the gallery looking at all of the old western photographs.
rk911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 12:35 PM   #10

Keep in mind that it's super easy to drive through the Badlands from the interstate on a half-loop good park road. Don't pass it up. You get off the interstate, do the drive and end up farther along on the interstate. It's not out of your way. The national parks also has a nice campground at the east end. You won't believe the night sky filled with stars!!
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 08:32 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by twogypsies View Post
Keep in mind that it's super easy to drive through the Badlands from the interstate on a half-loop good park road. Don't pass it up. You get off the interstate, do the drive and end up farther along on the interstate. It's not out of your way. The national parks also has a nice campground at the east end. You won't believe the night sky filled with stars!!
I definitely second this. Drive the loop, well worth it!
Old 05-19-2017, 09:19 PM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
Thor Owners Club
Heading west on I 90 we saw billboards for The Wall 400 miles away! It really is an interesting stop....
Old 05-22-2017, 01:13 PM   #13

Tiffin Owners Club
Plenty of parking and it is fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betr2Trvl View Post

We happened to end up in Wall after a day of exploring the Bandlands, and decided to see what Wall Drug was all about since we were right there. I'm happy to say, that we didn't go more than a mile out of our way, and didn't waste more than 15 minutes of time to park and get in and out.

But if your into "tourist shops" and like buying "tourist stuff" Wall Drug is certainly the place to do it.
To each his own. I grew up and lived in or near a tourist town (San Francisco) for most of my life and the same thing can be said about Pier 39 or Fisherman's Wharf in the City. Almost every tourist stops there; the Natives, like myself, mostly avoided these places. Why go into a tourist shop in your hometown?

When we pass through Wall, SD, however, we become the tourists. It is a fun place to stop and grab a meal, coffee and a donut. I think it would be even more fun for a family with small children as they have a lot to offer that demographic.

As I said, to each his own; it is touristy but fun for us. YMMV.
Old 05-24-2017, 06:39 AM   #14

You can spend hours looking at all of the old Western pictures.
Dasmoeturhead is offline   Reply With Quote