Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Navigation, Routes & Roads
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-25-2021, 04:18 PM   #1

Phoenix to Twin Falls ID

Planning a trip in Sept from Phoenix to Twin Falls ID and considering Rt 93 thru NV. Seems a lot shorter than I 15 (and maybe less traffic vs I 15 thru UT. What is 93 road condition, r there any towns alongs he way except Ely and Wells ? Thanks for comments on this . Jack
azjak is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-25-2021, 05:08 PM   #2

93 is a good highway and our choice. It's 800 mi. vs. 880 mi on interstate and you'd have to go through Salt Lake City.

You'd have Wickenburg, AZ, Kingman, AZ, Caliente, NV, Panaca, Ely, Wells, Jackpot. Good spacing for fuel, if needed. Drive on top half of tank & fill up when you see it. You won't be shopping for best price.

Cathedral Gorge State Park at Panaca is nice for an overnight and also places around Ely.

If you have time spend a night or two at Sacramento Pass BLM on 50 east and take in Great Basin Nat'l Park. Sacramento Pass is awesome with the night sky!
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2021, 05:08 PM   #3

Jack:

A buddy of mine does that trip twice a year - truck pulling a 35' TT.
Here's a map of the trip. It actually shows from San Tan Valley up to Washington State,
but he goes through Phoenix and Twin Falls.

And yes, he uses HWY93. We also use part of the same route and that road is fine. You can dupe this route in google maps and check for towns to stop at.
I can send you a gpx file if that would help.

Good luck!
O LLOYD

(Oops I don't have a URL for the map, sorry!)
O Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2021, 05:18 PM   #4

Wells and north is a pretty easy drive. Haven't been on it south of there so I can't help. There is basically nothing between Wells and Jackpot. Jackpot to Twin Falls is a little greener but still pretty easy.

Just outside Twin Falls the road feels a little narrower and there can be a fair amount of traffic, trucks and for sure cross traffic once in the farm areas.

Definitely watch your speeds around Jackpot (its 35mph). Quite often there are several cops eager to write tickets
Old 08-25-2021, 07:57 PM   #5

You dont have to go through Caliente, take 318 at Ash Springs to 6 and into Ely and then back on 93
NevadaNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2021, 09:08 PM   #6
Cat

It is alittle shorter, but there is a hole lot of nothing, so if you have any issues tire or a more serious problem it will take some time to get help. I ve driven both ways and Salt Lake city can be a little tense with traffic but not as bad as LA. We drive to Mesquite Nv then to Springville Ut then to Twin Falls. 93 not bad just remote. Safe Travels
Cat is offline   Reply With Quote