Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Navigation, Routes & Roads
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-14-2019, 04:56 PM   #1

Planning a trip to the Keys this summer

Hey everybody, my wife and I are new to Rving. This is our first RV and are trying to get the hang of it. We are planning a trip to the Keys this summer and have been looking at the park advisor app. We noticed that there were a lot of low clearances down I-95. Our specs on our new class C says that the height of the RV is 11'3". The low clearances are saying 13 ft 6in. I haven't actually measured the total height myself but we have to be ok on our height right? As many trucks and RVs going down I-95 to the Keys surely there won't be any issues for us I hope.Are we worring too much? Thanks in advance! Steve
Stevemarshia is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-14-2019, 05:15 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
You ARE worrying way too much . . . Enjoy the trip
Ranger Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 05:24 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
As long as you're on the interstate you shouldn't have to worry at all about low bridges.
Old 04-14-2019, 10:57 PM   #4

Forest River Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger Smith View Post
You ARE worrying way too much . . . Enjoy the trip
X2. You will be fine.
BuzzWolfAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 11:10 PM   #5

Ford Super Duty Owner
For your own peace of mind, you should measure your coach's height yourself. Don't forget to include the A/C or anything else on the roof that might be taller. That way you KNOW what it is and not relying on someone else. I did that myself and posted the measurement on my dash, in both feet and meters since some of our travel is through Canada.
akeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 09:48 AM   #6

We are in NC right now but are going to the keys from TN
Old 04-15-2019, 09:52 AM   #7

Yeh I plan on measuring myself t. Thanks so much for all your feedback!
Old 04-15-2019, 10:33 AM   #8

This interesting. Haven’t measured myself but the specs on our new TH trailer says the height is 14’. On a side note, leaving for the Keys on Thursday from Alabama
KHBama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 10:44 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevemarshia View Post
Hey everybody, my wife and I are new to Rving. This is our first RV and are trying to get the hang of it. We are planning a trip to the Keys this summer and have been looking at the park advisor app. We noticed that there were a lot of low clearances down I-95. Our specs on our new class C says that the height of the RV is 11'3". The low clearances are saying 13 ft 6in. I haven't actually measured the total height myself but we have to be ok on our height right? As many trucks and RVs going down I-95 to the Keys surely there won't be any issues for us I hope.Are we worring too much? Thanks in advance! Steve
Where on I-95, and what are these low clearance concerns on I-95?
kenandterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 09:34 AM   #10

I would like to hear how your trip going to the Keys went as far as the drive and what are the toll roads going down. Thanks for the info!
Old 04-16-2019, 09:50 AM   #11

My wife has the app Park advisor and if you enlarge the screen it seems that the low clearances are off the ramps that go under the interstate. They're not on the interstate itself. Sry for the confusion.
Old 04-19-2019, 02:45 PM   #12

Forest River Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevemarshia View Post
My wife has the app Park advisor and if you enlarge the screen it seems that the low clearances are off the ramps that go under the interstate. They're not on the interstate itself. Sry for the confusion.
This is correct. You will be fine.
BuzzWolfAR is offline   Reply With Quote