Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Navigation, Routes & Roads
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-30-2017, 01:21 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Return from Colter Bay to Tennessee

Best route to take from Colter Bay in Grand Teton area back to Tennessee?
Have a few extra days on return side of trip and wondering what to see on way back and best way to drive it.
My route out brings me down from West Yellowstone to Colter Bay. Plan on seeing Teton area and Jackson then back towards Tn
Any input would be great. First time out that way.
rick5963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-30-2017, 01:58 PM   #2

Gulf Streamers Club
From Colter Bay, you could come down through Jackson Hole and follow US 191 across WY to I-80. Another route would be at Moran Junction, take US 26 across Togwotee Pass and through Casper to I-25, then to Cheyanne and I-80. (or continue S on I-25 to Denver) Driving down US 26, you could go S on US 287 through Ft. Washakie, Lander, to Rawlins at I-80. US 287 intersects the Oregon Trail at Split Rock, a historic Pony Express station.

If you stay on US 26 as it splits from I-25, you can visit Ft. Laramie and Scottsbluff, NE before US 26 joins with I-80.

I've done all these routes many times over the past 25 years, they are all good highways with much to see on each of them.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 04:38 AM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Thanks
Was not sure of all the roads.Glad they are RV friendly
rick5963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 08:42 AM   #4

Return from Colter Bay to Tennessee

If you are anywhere near Cody, the Buffalo Bill Center of the West is an outstanding attraction with several museums https://centerofthewest.org/

Were there many decades ago, and stayed at the original KOA campground. I'm sure many things have changed since then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick5963 View Post
... wondering what to see on way back....
2005 Safari (Monaco)Trek 28RB2, Workhorse W20, 8.1, Allison 1000 5 spd, UltraPower engine & tranny, Track bars & sway bars, KONI FSD, FMCA 190830, Safari Int'l. chapter. 1999 Safari Trek 2830, 1995 Safari Trek 2430, 1983 Winnebago Chieftain, 1976 Midas Mini
George Schweikle is online now   Reply With Quote