Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Navigation, Routes & Roads
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-10-2022, 07:15 AM   #1

Route from Toledo to Myrtle Beach

Looking for best route from Toledo to Myrtle Beach for 40 foot motor home towing
rgdlg is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-11-2022, 04:07 AM   #2
Community Moderator

Using RV Trip Wizard, it shows going south on 75 all the way to I-40. Then head east to Ashville. Then pick up I-26 to Columbia.
Pick up I-20 east to I-95 north, then to 378 straight into Myrtle Beach.

You could also run over and pick I-77 and head south out of Ohio. Years ago, when we had a bumper pull, we came pick from there to Cardington on I-77.

Try RV Trip Wizard for planning your trip. I use this all the time, since we are full timers.
We will be coming thru Toledo area later today. We are Goshen for repairs/maintenance upkeep and will be heading to Jefferson, Ohio to the Thousand Trails Park there.
2017 Ram 3500 w/Aisin w/4:10
2 Dachshunds DJ (RIP 9-12-19) & Joey (RIP 5-14-21)
hamm2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2022, 07:27 AM   #3

Myrtle beach route

Which one is the least mountainious/curvey roads?
rgdlg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2022, 04:36 PM   #4

My preference would be the I-77 route as I'm not a fan I-40 due to the curves and truck traffic. Also note that there is about an 18 mile construction zone between Asheville and Hendersonville. Very tight lanes and many lane switches. We came up I-26 at the end of March and it was a mess. We saw two accidents in the span of 6 miles involving people trying to get on I-26 from very short on ramps This project is supposed to go for a few years yet. Maybe someone local can give you an update on this project.
Safe travels.
Old 08-12-2022, 04:59 PM   #5

Yes the construction is still going on I-26 between Hendersonville and Asheville and hit or miss if the backups are bad. Also the road through there is pretty rough. Another thing to consider is there is major construction about mile marker 5 on I-40 coming from Tennessee.
Ben-Jo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
route