Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Navigation, Routes & Roads
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-21-2007, 06:14 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
We will be heading to West Branch State Park in Ohio in a couple of weeks. We will be traveling from I 76 driving East bound. I've read somewhere (can't find the post) about a route that we should NOT take into the park because of a bridge that looks unsteady for larger coaches. Can anyone tell me the best route to take and which road(s) I need to avoid to stay away from that bridge? TIA!
Doula is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-21-2007, 06:14 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
We will be heading to West Branch State Park in Ohio in a couple of weeks. We will be traveling from I 76 driving East bound. I've read somewhere (can't find the post) about a route that we should NOT take into the park because of a bridge that looks unsteady for larger coaches. Can anyone tell me the best route to take and which road(s) I need to avoid to stay away from that bridge? TIA!
Old 07-22-2007, 05:02 AM   #3
paz

As long as you are approaching from I-76 to the south you will be OK. Take Exit 43, go southeast on SR 14, turn left (north) onto Rock Springs Road. You will cross the lake on a substantial bridge. The campground is on the right on the north side of the lake.

The bridge to avoid is from SR 5 approaching from the north side of the lake. It is a small bridge with steep approaches and it crosses railroad tracks.
paz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 07:20 PM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Thank you so much, Paz! I appreciate the advice!

~Lori
Old 07-25-2007, 06:52 PM   #5
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Todd & Lori-

Rock Spring Road is a bit bumpy (I call it washboard-y) in several places due to patching. Just take it slow & once you turn into the entrance for the campground (Copeland Rd), it'll be new,smooth asphalt from there on in. If you've never been there before, I know it sounds crazy, but, be sure you check out their bathhouses/restrooms. Even if you don't use them, you'll surely appreciate just now nice they are. All OH state parks should have as nice facilities.

Check out the north central forum section here on irv2 for a very active group of rv-r's in your area (known as the Pond Piggies) & their upcoming outtings. We rv a lot in the NE OH/W PA area. Please feel free to join us anytime.

L-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 09:24 PM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Lori,

Thanks so much about your tip for Rock Spring Rd! Since we are still so new with our RV, it's nice to hear that the rough road will be OK!

We'll probably use our own bathroom in the coach, but because of your post, I will definitely check out those West Branch bathrooms! We do frequent other OH state parks where the shower houses/restrooms are less than desirable, so it'll be nice to at least see that my tax dollars have made nice shower houses in at least one state park!

I also appreciate your invitation to check out the Pond Piggies (cute name!); I will definitely have to look into that! Thanks again!

~Lori