Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Navigation, Routes & Roads
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-14-2017, 10:07 PM   #1

RV friendly parking web sites?

I know we have web sites to help find camp grounds, and web sites to help find dump stations, but are there any web sites that help finding if points of interest or dining establishments have RV parking?

This seems like the kind of thing people traveling by RV would want to know, stuff like does the worlds biggest ball of twine museum in the town ahead have RV parking, or hmmm I am in the mood for BBQ is there any BBQ joint along our path that has parking for a 38 foot RV, ....
Isaac-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-15-2017, 06:49 AM   #2

As a pilot looking down at the earth is pretty normal, and you see a LOT of things you'd never see from the ground.

I do the same thing with places I'm going to take my motorhome, except I use Google maps satellite view.

It's also a handy tool to scope out boondocking spots.
Old 02-15-2017, 08:45 AM   #3

Isaac,

There is a bunch to work with, start at:Free Campgrounds – Advice about free and cheap RV camping
RVParky (RV Parky | RV Parks & Campgrounds Directory, Reviews, Photos) is good on both a computer and as a paid app on smart phones.

There used to be a lot more available as overlays for both Strips and Treets and Street Alas, both are now out of print and there is no overlay capability for any of the onlines (RV Tripwizard, Google, AAA or Furkot) that I have found.

Good Luck

Frank
F76Marion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 11:38 AM   #4

That would be a helpful list! Kind of like Mileposts for the lower 48.
My contribution would be: Interstate 95 - VA exit 130 (Spotsylvania) to US 1 South - KFC and McDonalds have RV/Semi-truck sized parking. Parking at the McDonalds puts you in walking distance of Subway, Chipotle, BK, and local mexican, chinese, and italian cuisine. Also a Walmart on this exit and a truckstop.
Old 02-15-2017, 12:31 PM   #5

I would guess most RVers get to their campground and then explore from there. I'd hate to rely on a parking place for an RV at a popular attraction.

Restaurants are easier as you're doing the daily travel, especially if you travel secondary roads. There's always parking in smaller towns - perhaps not in front of the restaurant or in their lot but we never had to walk far from parking places.
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote