Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Navigation, Routes & Roads
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-13-2017, 07:36 AM   #1

Seattle to Victoria Ferry

Anyone ever taken the ferry in your class A? Would like info on the experience. Thinking of heading up to Victoria this Summer in our 40'

TIA
Jake21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-13-2017, 08:01 AM   #2

There are no ferries that run from Seattle to Victoria (besides walk ons). Here is a link to Wa. state ferry routes http://www.wsdot.wa.gov/ferries/pdf/wsfroutemap.pdf
Lazy Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 01:36 PM   #3

So I would go from Anacortes to Sydney?
Old 04-13-2017, 01:42 PM   #4

Its going to cost you a pretty penny. They charge by the foot. On top of that you will need a reservation for oversized vehicle.
Old 04-13-2017, 01:44 PM   #5

Yes, Jake. That route is not year-round, normally starts in early April though to the end of September. It has been changed almost every year since they closed the winter-time service. We live about a half mile from the Anacortes terminal, but I'm not too familiar with the current status.

As resident aliens (ex-pat Brits), we're a bit leery of going into Canada until Trump has got his act together on the alien populations, even though we've lived in the US since 1968.
Old 04-13-2017, 06:48 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake21 View Post
So I would go from Anacortes to Sydney?
You can go Anacortes to Sidney on the Washington State Ferry. You can also take the Black Ball Line from Port Angeles directly into Victoria Harbor.

There are also a couple of BC ferry lines serving Vancouver Island.

All are expensive for an RV. You should contact each of them to see which will work best for you. Don't forget to figure in the exchange rate on the BC ferries.

I would say that the Black Ball Line is more scenic getting there on the Olympic Peninsula but the least scenic on the water because it is almost a direct crossing. The other lines meander through the islands, stopping at some.

Once up there, we like Fort Vancouver RV park. It's an older park but it's pretty convenient to downtown.
coupevilleDF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 07:37 AM   #7

Seattle to Victoria Ferry

Thx for the replies. Looks like the price is 140.00 for the MH.
Old 04-14-2017, 03:16 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake21 View Post
Thx for the replies. Looks like the price is 140.00 for the MH.
Sounds about right. Some of the island trips, like Orcas, are round trip. I suspect that the Sidney rate is each way since there are alternate routes to the island.
coupevilleDF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 03:47 PM   #9

We took the ferry from Vancouver BC to Swartz Bay (n of Victoria) last summer. From June thru Sept they had a 1/2 off sale for RVs. You get 20' length on the regular fare, then 1/2 off per foot over that. $6.50/ft reg fare, so $3.25/ft over 20'. I think our fare (one way) was just under $200. We bought a separate fare for the toad. The crew was very accommodating, the trip on the ferry was spectacular, beautiful sunny day! We stayed on Vancouver Island for a month (they had to drag us off the island). The strawberries in Sept were fantastic.
cruzbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 04:00 PM   #10

I just checked the fare (Wa state ferry) from Anacortes to Sidney (Victoria), 40' MH, $203.85 one way travelling on Mon, June5. You have to select a passenger (>65, 1/2 off) and a driver/vehicle (22') then the MH (under 50').
The wife said no until I told here the fare was on a 1/2 off sale (BC Ferries), she said 'sale', 'book it'! You just have to make it their idea!
cruzbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 07:26 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruzbill View Post
I just checked the fare (Wa state ferry) from Anacortes to Sidney (Victoria), 40' MH, $203.85 one way travelling on Mon, June5. You have to select a passenger (>65, 1/2 off) and a driver/vehicle (22') then the MH (under 50').

The wife said no until I told here the fare was on a 1/2 off sale (BC Ferries), she said 'sale', 'book it'! You just have to make it their idea!

I love this post.