RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Navigation, Routes & Roads
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-27-2020, 07:24 AM   #1

Southern California Anaheim to San Diego advice please

Hello Folks,

We are planning to camp near Disneyland on Saturday June 20th and then move to San Diego on Tuesday the 23rd, coming in to the Anaheim area generally from the north-east. I believe I can get out of San Diego. Friends are telling me that traffic in that area has gotten far worse since the last time I was there in an rv back in 1989.
It looks like there are a couple of parks right alongside Disneyland, one of which says their guests can walk there. At the San Diego end, I want to be reasonably close to the Marine boot camp center which is handy to the airport as well as the cruise terminals. We have a grandson who is headed there March 30th and should graduate as a Marine on June 26th.
Any and all advice is deeply appreciated. Thanks for you time!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-27-2020, 07:37 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
There is the Anaheim RV resort just off of Anaheim Blvd but I always stay at Orangeland when in SoCal. Much nicer place but the Anaheim RV Resort does have a pretty good vantage point for watching the Disneyland fireworks.

tankcj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 09:05 AM   #3

Campland on the Bay would be your best bet for being close to the airport and recruit depot in San Diego. Reserve early.
2Yung2 Quit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 07:41 PM   #4

Thanks very much for taking time to give me advice. I will make my rv camp bookings tomorrow.
Old 02-28-2020, 10:04 PM   #5

Orangeland RV in Orange, near Anaheim

We've stayed at Orangeland RV Park about 2 miles or so from Disneyland. Easy to get to and in and out of. Nice size lots with trees and very well taken care of. Pool; Laundry Room, Small playground, showers. It's located away from the traffic that surrounds Disneyland.

Nice people, the take you to your spot. They'll let you check in early if the spot is ready. We stay here once a year, our son also with his rig and family.
CruzTerri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2020, 10:48 PM   #6

Thanks to Everyone,

I booked both parks today. In Anaheim I went with Anaheim although the Orangeland camp looked really nice. Walkable to Disneyland and close enough to watch the Disney fireworks sealed it for me. In San Diego I booked Campland on the Bay as recommended.

Thanks again, I really appreciate you taking the time to offer advice.

Tags
advice, california