Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Navigation, Routes & Roads
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-01-2023, 11:16 AM   #1

St George UT to Kingman AZ

What route do we take to avoid Las Vegas?
Valjog58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-01-2023, 11:51 AM   #2

Well........
You could get off the I-15 just before Glendale and take the 169/167 (Valley of Fire) then pickup the 93 on into Kingman AZ

WHY not go thru Las Vegas???

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/King...37.0965278!3e0
Old-Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2023, 04:10 PM   #3

We are not use to that much traffic especially pulling a 30’ travel trailer. We were just hoping there was a skirt around.
Thank you.
Valjog58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2023, 09:40 PM   #4

I'd advise to get used to driving in bigger cities because you may have to someday. If an interstate and enough lanes move into the lane next to the highway entrance lane and just stay there. If people want to go faster they can go around you. Don't let them get to you. You'll be just fine.
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2023, 10:06 PM   #5

Las Vegas is actually one of the easier metro areas to go through via the freeway. There are several ways to avoid the freeway, but they all come with their own hazards.
Most cities out west are not bad to go through. It doesn't take much time to actually get through them. Back east is another story. Boston was a nightmare and one I will never do again.
Reprobate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2023, 06:41 AM   #6

The route through Overton around the lake to Boulder City is a nice drive and will get you around Vegas.
Old 02-03-2023, 06:53 AM   #7

++1 what Old-Biscuit and NevadaNick sez...might what to get gas before you get off I-15...not many gas stations ( on 169/167) in the park!
Deznut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2023, 07:47 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deznut View Post
++1 what Old-Biscuit and NevadaNick sez...might what to get gas before you get off I-15...not many gas stations ( on 169/167) in the park!
Plus, unless you already have a NP pass, there will be a fee to go through Lake Mead National Recreation Area. I believe it was $25 per vehicle (7 day pass min) or $40 for the vessel charge (trailer) last time I went that way. Was with friends who refused to take the interstate to the Las Vegas Motor Speedway. It was a nice scenic drive, but very long/slow. Took the interstate on the way back as the 7 day pass was expired by 1 day after the NASCAR race
Reprobate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2023, 08:52 AM   #9

The guard station going through from Overton has not been open for what seems like forever so i doubt you would have to pay. I travel it several times a year for work.
Old 02-04-2023, 06:37 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by NevadaNick View Post
The route through Overton around the lake to Boulder City is a nice drive and will get you around Vegas.
The route through Overton is not bad and only adds a few minutes to your trip. We often take our motor home from our home in Northern Nevada to Sedona AZ and find Las Vegas to be fairly easy get through. If you time your arrival in Las Vegas for after 9:30 or 10:00 am it should be a piece of cake.
rjwilliams is offline   Reply With Quote