Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Navigation, Routes & Roads
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-30-2022, 02:56 PM   #1

Sturbridge, MA to Liberty Harbor, Jersey City

Having a heck of a time trying to pick the best way to get from Sturbridge, MA to Liberty Harbor RV Park, Jersey City, NJ (11 Marin Blvd, Jersey City, NJ). Want to avoid the GW bridge for sure, but I can't figure out the best way after the Tappanzee Bridge. Liberty Harbor recommends coming off the NJ Turnpike at exit 14c, but I hate to go all the way around I-287 to I-78 then eastbound. Any suggestions?
jdb5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-30-2022, 03:32 PM   #2

I'm not familiar with the area but perhaps this post will help you. Note... she drew a map, also. Read all her posts on Liberty Harbor and NYC. She does a terrific job with details. They've been there a few times so search for all her posts from previous times.

https://www.wheelingit.us/2017/11/15...y-with-the-rv/
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2022, 08:28 AM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Take the Tappan Zee to the Garden State Pkwy to NJ Turnpike it will bring you to Exit 11 on the pike bring ez pass
nascamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2022, 12:41 PM   #4

We went to Liberty Harbor around 2017-2018. We drive into the NYC-NJ area a couple times a year. All good suggestions in the previous posts. The Jersey City streets are tight, and there are one ways. Depending upon the final roads you take you will be facing the Holland tunnel. You cannot go through it. Use the main roads and try to stay off the secondary streets. We used Marin Blvd for the final approach.
Scott 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2022, 01:38 PM   #5

Freightliner Owners Club
I grew up in that area of highway spaghetti!

After the Tappen Zee (which has a new name...), take 287 to the Garden State Parkway. Remember you CAN take the parkway in NJ but DON'T take Parkways in NY!! (NO Taconic, etc.) The overpasses in NY are too low.

From the GSP, take Rt. 80 east to the NJ Turnpike. Here you can follow the directions on the Liberty RV Park Website:

From the North
Take I-95 South to the New Jersey Turnpike exiting at 14 C. Stay to the right, after paying toll, follow sign for Christopher Columbus Drive. This exit ramp is from the right lane. Follow Columbus Drive (Christopher Columbus Drive) until you reach Marin Blvd. Make a right onto Marin Blvd and proceed south until you reach Liberty Harbor RV Park.
RVing for 20 years & 200,000+ miles
RVThere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2024, 10:07 AM   #6

I'll be in the Brooklyn / DUMBO area Labor Day weekend 2024.

Given recent construction not sure my best bets - might take the bus & toad or bus & trailer.

Considering Liberty Harbor for a day or two

Or I've seen in some tour bus groups the Brooklyn Botanical gardens have available parking. Of course only parking, no hookups.

Any other ideas?