Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Navigation, Routes & Roads
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-16-2018, 09:25 AM   #1

Smile Travel to Myrtle Beach

I am tryaveling to Myrtle Beach for the Retired Military golf tournament from May 29th through June 3. Anybody got any hints? I am not familiar with the area, but just looking for a nice place for me and the wife with my Class C and dinghy?
ARMMYCSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-16-2018, 11:12 AM   #2

I have same interest for late June and posted here somewhere a few weeks ago. Very mixed opinions but MB is nothing but huge romper room campgrounds everywhere with lots of noise and kids practicing entitlement. At least it's that way when school is out. I decided to skip the area completely. If I had to go to that area, I would stay at a CG somewhere a little bit out and commute.
Funding Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 12:42 PM   #3

American Coach Owners Club
If you like state park type CG’s Huntington Beach State Park is a few miles south on 17. If the golf is North Myrtle Beach area it may be a little out of the way. Probably about 45 minutes depending on traffic. Central and South Beach area it would be pretty convenient. As the earlier post said it’s all about what type of CG you’re looking for. Quiet, off the main Rat Race Huntington is hard to beat.
mhudson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 01:41 PM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
While your in the area, only about 130 miles up the coast is Onslow beach campground. Nothing fancy, no condos or strip malls. Just a secluded beach on the Marine Base. Looks like you qualify. Thank you for your service.

Patrick
Bosunmate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 01:54 PM   #5

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
There is a new campground in Little River. NMB RV Resort and Dry Dock Marina.

Luxury RV Resort, Dry Dock, Marina | North Myrtle Beach

Or there is Myrtle Beach Travel Park. It isn't as crazy with kids and golf carts as those on the south end of Myrtle Beach.

Welcome to Myrtle Beach Travel Park | Myrtle Beach Travel Park
gmadams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 01:59 PM   #6

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Briarcliff RV Resort is another. It is a Passport America campground. I'm not sure if they are offering the PA rate at the time you want but if they do it would only be $35/night.

http://www.passport-america.com/camp...pgroundid=1589
Old 04-16-2018, 02:00 PM   #7

It would help to know where your tournament is being played. Try either Huntington Beach State Park ( they just added over 40 FHU sites that may be available ) or Myrtle Beach State Park. Both are nice have great beaches, close to great local seafood. HBSP is our preferred but not by much. Both are on the south end near Murrells Inlet - great food.

2016 Newmar Bay Star Sport 3004
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport Willys
wildtoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 08:07 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funding Fun View Post
I have same interest for late June and posted here somewhere a few weeks ago. Very mixed opinions but MB is nothing but huge romper room campgrounds everywhere with lots of noise and kids practicing entitlement. At least it's that way when school is out. I decided to skip the area completely. If I had to go to that area, I would stay at a CG somewhere a little bit out and commute.
As soon as I have setup and been there a few days I will try and post a comment to let you know what I found. It is just me and the Boss and she just wants to go to a nice "semi-quiet" campground if possible and enjoy the beauty of Myrtle beach during my efforts to play golf. Thanks for you help!
Old 04-17-2018, 08:14 AM   #9

I think most of the tournament in in the North Myrtle Beach area. They play at 8 different courses around town, but headquartered out of MB National Golf Course, So I am trying to get somewhere around Hwy 17 area even though I know it runs through town.
Old 04-17-2018, 08:28 AM   #10

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Looks like Briarcliff would fit your needs. It is on the northern end of Myrtle Beach on Hwy 17 almost in North Myrtle Beach. And it is close to an outlet mall and other shopping.
Old 04-17-2018, 10:04 AM   #11

One little side trip I know of that you might like is..... visit Brookgreen Gardens south of Myrtle Beach in Georgetown. It's a beautiful part of the world.
Old 04-17-2018, 10:10 AM   #12

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARMMYCSM View Post
I think most of the tournament in in the North Myrtle Beach area. They play at 8 different courses around town, but headquartered out of MB National Golf Course, So I am trying to get somewhere around Hwy 17 area even though I know it runs through town.
Hey Top, we stayed there a couple years ago at the Apache Campground and Pier.
http://www.apachefamilycampground.com

We were right on the water, they had a fishing pier where you could rent license, equipment, and bait to fish on their pier, and a good seafood restaurant at the end of the pier.

we loved the place and walked the beach every morning and night.

And it was easy to get down town from there.
2012 Journey 36M, Cummings 360hp
Cooperhawk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
myrtle beach, travel