Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Navigation, Routes & Roads
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-30-2019, 08:40 AM   #1

Traveling from Kentucky to New England

After going out west for the last two years the wife wants to head northeast this year. We will leave June or July for a 3 or 4 week trip. Any help on a good route and locations to stay in. Don't want to even get near New York city. I travel in a 37 foot class a pulling a toad Thanks
Shoemaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-30-2019, 08:13 PM   #2

It depends on your interests for what to recommend.NYC is not on the table you have said, what interests you both; art, music, performing arts, parks, etc? A beginning point is to visit each states website and request a copy of their visitors magazine, this will allow you to determine what each one of you wants to do and see.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 08:27 PM   #3

One route would be to head North and follow Lake Erie shoreline to Niagara Falls. Then head NE and follow Lake Ontario shoreline to the Seaway shoreline onto Montreal, Quebec all the way to Gaspe point.
grindstone01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 05:58 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by grindstone01 View Post
One route would be to head North and follow Lake Erie shoreline to Niagara Falls. Then head NE and follow Lake Ontario shoreline to the Seaway shoreline onto Montreal, Quebec all the way to Gaspe point.
If you go this route and like boats... even a little... don't miss the Antique Boat Museum in Clayton NY.
Also Sackets Hbr near Watertown is a nice scenic town w lots of history... and good places to eat.
Winemaker2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 07:20 AM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
I posted a reply in your same post in a different forum.
mricet1005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 11:18 AM   #6

Send a message via Skype™ to GraciesDaddy
You don't give your starting point in KY, so I will suggest this: Wend your way east to hook up with I-81... Pennsylvania or Virginia; doesn't matter. You can visit Hershey and follow 81 to Scranton and connect with I-84 to cross the Hudson at Newberg, NY [far enough from The City to not have have traffic affected by it], and into Connecticut. Then: Pick 'n' choose which parts of New England to visit... You can stay on 84 and pick up the MassTurnpike [I-90] toward Boston or north into Central & Western Mass and/or further north into Vermont on I-91. I-84/-91 is our go-to route when visiting Prince Edward Island and Sally loves visiting the Emily Dickenson House/Museum in Amherst, MA.

Bottom line: If you like history, you'll love this part of our country!

Tags
travel