Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Navigation, Routes & Roads
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-17-2021, 01:40 PM   #1

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via AIM to stearn
Trip to Fort Pierce Fl

We normally take R23 through Oh, then to R26 to I 95. Last year we encountered construction on R26 around Asheville and also several miles on R95.
Wondering if they finished or is it still a mess ?

Equinox Toad
stearn is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-17-2021, 02:51 PM   #2

Unless you set on going to Charleston and Savanah, I always would try to avoid I-95. (Unless I'm in a hurry to go North or get back home to Fort Pierce...)

Last trip North, I left Fort Pierce and immediately got on the Florida turnpike northbound to I-75.

I-75 will take you through Lexington, Knoxville, Chattanooga, Macon and Orlando (Each of which have beltways around them). Only Atlanta has traffic on all alternate road, so you'll have to plan going through at an "off hour".
Otherwise, that route is really nice with a lot of scenery and opportunities for sight seeing.

The best part is there is rarely construction on that route.

Where are you thinking about staying, once you're in Fort Pierce?
bobphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2021, 04:00 PM   #3

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via AIM to stearn
We stay near Lake Placid, off 27. I have driven 75 , not one of our favorites. The route I’m asking about adds about 100 extra miles, and much less truck traffic. We are towing our car with a motor home, so average speed is 60 - 65., that seems a bit slow on 75 even in the right lane !

Equinox Toad
stearn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2021, 09:16 AM   #4
Community Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by stearn View Post
We normally take R23 through Oh, then to R26 to I 95. Last year we encountered construction on R26 around Asheville and also several miles on R95.
Wondering if they finished or is it still a mess ?
When you going? We will be on I-95 after 10/8. We are going from Cape Hatteras to Key West area so we will run I-95 from there all the way to Jacksonville. We will be in Jacksonville on 10/14 so I would be able to give you an accurate report after that date on I-95 in that area.
2017 Ram 3500 w/Aisin w/4:10
2 Dachshunds DJ (RIP 9-12-19) & Joey (RIP 5-14-21)
hamm2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2021, 04:47 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by stearn View Post
We stay near Lake Placid, off 27. I have driven 75 , not one of our favorites. The route Iím asking about adds about 100 extra miles, and much less truck traffic. We are towing our car with a motor home, so average speed is 60 - 65., that seems a bit slow on 75 even in the right lane !
Yeah! I hear what you're saying about traffic speeds...

When I traveled I-95, I used to get a newsletter called "the I-95 Exit Guide" it had all sorts of info about the entire I-95, from Maine to Florida. Now there is an on-line version and they have a section just for construction on I-95... (Personally I don't think I-95 construction in Jacksonville will ever be completed...) But, here's the link to the I-95 Exit Guide....
bobphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote