Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Navigation, Routes & Roads
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-15-2019, 09:16 AM   #1

Tunnel Heights into Yosemite NP

Looking for advice on driving into Yosemite NP from the west in a 34 ft MH listed as 11 ft 10 inches height (I will verify height!). Appears HWY 140 is the best route but does have a tunnel with a 12'10" height restriction according to the NP website. Anyone familiar if this tunnel height is at the corners and higher in the middle? Any advice on taking a rig this size into the park? Thanks!
HobieBaxter is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-15-2019, 10:29 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by HobieBaxter View Post
Looking for advice on driving into Yosemite NP from the west in a 34 ft MH listed as 11 ft 10 inches height (I will verify height!). Appears HWY 140 is the best route but does have a tunnel with a 12'10" height restriction according to the NP website. Anyone familiar if this tunnel height is at the corners and higher in the middle? Any advice on taking a rig this size into the park? Thanks!

I believe the restriction is for Arch Rock on 140. The sign leading up to the rock indicates a clearance of 14'0", but as you can see the edge is much lower so I suspect that is why the 12'10" restriction is applied.

Ljwt330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 11:25 PM   #3

Alpine Owners Club
Tunnel Heights into Yosemite NP

If I recall, having been through Yosemite on 120/140 and 120/41 more than a few times, the fog line is 10’2” in the tunnel. But the tunnel has a steep arc. Our Alpine is 11’9” and we had no problems. We do hug the center line just to be sure.

It’s a long pull up to Tioga Pass entrance station from the west. If you can stop, the campground at Tuolumne Meadows is a great stop to enjoy the high country. A bit of a back track to Sadddlebag Lake affords great views. But
NOT a drive for the RV. Unfortunately the cafe is closed now, last I heard. We would drive up in the car and have fresh pie while enjoying the view.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1296.JPG
Views:	75
Size:	126.2 KB
ID:	235215
Old 02-17-2019, 05:42 PM   #4

All the tunnels into Yosemite valley (Highway 120, 140, and 41)and Arch Rock are ok for Motorhomes. Semi's, Tour Buses, and RVs use them daily. The listed clearance heights are form the white line on the right to the celling. The tunnels are arched and have plenty of clearance if you hug the center line. I have drive my 12'2" motor through all of them and have not felt uneasy.