Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Navigation, Routes & Roads
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-30-2021, 09:44 AM   #1

US 101 Oregon Diesel Fuel Stops

I will be traveling in a 45’ diesel pusher flat towing a pickup truck along the Pacific coast from Washington to Northern California on US 101 this fall. I don’t see any Pilot/Flying J, Loves, TA or Petro along that route.

For those of you that have traveled that route with a big rig towing - where have you stopped on US 101 in Oregon for diesel fuel that you were able to get in and out easily without having to unhook the tow?

TIA
mspicer1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-30-2021, 10:46 AM   #2

Wow, difficult question. I've been up and down that route numerous times but darned if I can remember any specific station that accommodated my 36' Class A pulling a car. All I remember was that it wasn't a problem. I'd stop for the night, get online and plan my next travel move and as part of that, I'd google 'diesel fuel near whatever-town-I'd-stay-at-next'. Then with addresses of the stations that looked promising, I'd google earth them and choose the easiest in/out stations. Works every time. You can also just google map the address and zoom down using street view. And 'satellite' view is handy too.

In summation...it's not a worry finding big enough stations on that route if you check out your destination points prior to travel. Google Maps to find them, Gas Buddy to check out prices around the area where I'd need the fill up. Have fun!

Visit my RV Travel & Repair Blog at : https://chaos.goblinbox.com
Jim_HiTek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2021, 12:02 PM   #3

Your tank should be big enough to do the whole coast without a fill. Just make sure you fill beforehand. We traveled the coast many times and never needed to fill. You're using your toad for running around.

However, there are some stations that would be big enough but they're not the big truck stop-types. There have been posts regarding this on this site. You might try doing a search. Here's one that came up when I searched 'OR 101, fuel stops'. It's a 76 in Reedsport:

https://www.irv2.com/forums/f42/fuel...on-473691.html
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2021, 02:42 PM   #4
RRR

Ford Super Duty Owner
I'm not a diesel burner but one of the best IMO is the Fred Meyer in Newport. On west side of highway across from McD's.

I wouldn't hesitate to take your rig in there. Lots of room to make the exit after the pump.

Fred's in Brookings, west side of highway at north end of town, has tight access but a traffic jamb getting in and cozy too. Every time I go in there there is someone with a 40 or 45 foot and toad in there. Not positive but I think diesel only on a couple of islands.

EDIT: Newport Fred's doesn't show on Google maps yet. Turn in to it off the highway and it is a straight shot to pumps.

Tags
diesel, fuel