Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Navigation, Routes & Roads
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-03-2018, 05:59 PM   #1

US 60/Show Low to Florence Junction, AZ

US 60/Show Low, AZ to Florence Junction, AZ —
Is this route 38 ft 5th wheel friendly?
Any experience with this, please advise.
Thanks.
ShinySideUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-03-2018, 07:15 PM   #2

https://www.milebymile.com/main/arizona.html

this may help
Old 10-03-2018, 11:43 PM   #3

It's a very popular route for all size RVs. You will have to drive Salt River Canyon and you'll have a long downhill and steep uphill. It's very doable and we've done it often. You just have to know your tow vehicle and how to do mountains. It's a beautiful drive. Semi trucks also use it but more RVs. The Show Low area is a cool popular summer destination for Phoenix and Tucson folks so lots of RVs.
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 11:32 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by twogypsies View Post
It's a very popular route for all size RVs. You will have to drive Salt River Canyon and you'll have a long downhill and steep uphill. It's very doable and we've done it often. You just have to know your tow vehicle and how to do mountains. It's a beautiful drive. Semi trucks also use it but more RVs. The Show Low area is a cool popular summer destination for Phoenix and Tucson folks so lots of RVs.
Thank you, twogypsies. Exactly what I was hoping to hear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rk911 View Post
Thank you, rk911! I did look at that previous to posting my query. I like milebymile, but wish they’d have more info on grades, elevation, etc....
ShinySideUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 11:56 AM   #5

Ford Super Duty Owner
Long steep descent with switchbacks and then a steep climb, about 1/2 way between ShowLow and Globe.

No problems, downshift, take it slow and don't burn up the brakes.. I do this a couple times a year in my gutless 1999 Southwind towing a Saturn Vue.

There are plenty of turnouts and passing lanes, so I always attempt to be courteous to the drivers backing up behind me..
Waiter21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 01:18 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinySideUp View Post
Thank you, twogypsies. Exactly what I was hoping to hear.

Thank you, rk911! I did look at that previous to posting my query. I like milebymile, but wish they’d have more info on grades, elevation, etc....
you might take a look at the East & West Mountain Directories. I keep the books in the MH but I also bought the app for my iphone and tablet.