Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Navigation, Routes & Roads
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-04-2014, 07:22 PM   #15

Foretravel Owners Club
for travelers going to Fl via I81-I66-US 17 to I95, when you pass WarrentonVa south bound, you will have two stations/truckstops on north bound at Opel, with the lowest fuel price around, would arrive low & fill. I live about 50 miles south of there, when travel that way I plan on fuel stop. Not Fly J, local chain, not your normal big time stops.
Dave M
Genset is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-04-2014, 07:29 PM   #16

Foretravel Owners Club
When staying at major truckstops, I tend to park over night in rear with trucks, being an old trucker, I feel more comfy with folks I trust, pros. And easy in/out. Added walking distance helps my old age circulation.
Dave M
Genset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 08:21 PM   #17

I live less than 10 minutes from that flying j. As previous posters have said it's a very busy place. I wouldn't want to try to sleep there. Someone also said that there is also a Walmart right off the interstate in winchester. I'm not sure what store they were referring to but neither of the 2 winchester walmarts are right off the interstate.

However, there IS a cracker barrell right off exit 313. They do have rv parking but I can't vouch for permission to overnight - you would have to call. It's right next to a hotel and would be a much more comfortable stop.
emcee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 07:22 PM   #18

We have stayed at the Wal Mart at Staunton also and have found it to be really nice. Restaurants within walking distance. It is around a hour and a half farther south though.
Woody2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 08:55 AM   #19

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Our first night out during our 2012 cross-country escapade, we pulled in to a Pilot/J west of Columbus. The truck parking area was too loud for our comfort, so we asked inside and they said we should just park out in a corner of the 'regular' front lot. No problems. If you're not used to sleeping near idling reefers, it can be hard to do. We live out in the country, so were/are simply not used to all the noise.