RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-22-2021, 01:35 PM   #1

KZ RV Club
1- Front slide not working

Hey all itís been some time since I visited, but have always got great insight here. I have a 2019 KZ Durango Gold 380FLF purchased 8/18. I just picked it up from shop where they replaced the roof (another issue) and the passenger side slide will not operate. I called the shop and the tech is at lunch but may call back. Supervisor said he did a walk through this morning and all slides worked.
It uses Lippert OneControl and there is no indication slide is getting power. The opposing slide along with all others worked. I have checked and both 15 amp fuse are good. Any ideas as to where else I can look?
baranski37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-23-2021, 05:36 AM   #2

Years ago, we had a fifth wheel that had an issue like this. Turns out in addition to the normal fuses, there was an in-line fuse that would pop randomly. I learned to carry a load of 15-amp fuses for that very reason. In our case the in-line fuse (best of my memory) was in the pass-through storage area underneath the bedroom - but extremely hard to get to.

Surely, they have improved their design in those 10 years or so. But it may be something similar.
Old 01-23-2021, 07:53 AM   #3

On mine there circuit breaker in the battery box on the side wall. One of those has popped when my slide don't work. They can be hard to see because there is just a little lever popped out. Press it back down and you should be fine.
bddadles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2021, 01:13 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by baranski37 View Post
Hey all itís been some time since I visited, but have always got great insight here. I have a 2019 KZ Durango Gold 380FLF purchased 8/18. I just picked it up from shop where they replaced the roof (another issue) and the passenger side slide will not operate. I called the shop and the tech is at lunch but may call back. Supervisor said he did a walk through this morning and all slides worked.
It uses Lippert OneControl and there is no indication slide is getting power. The opposing slide along with all others worked. I have checked and both 15 amp fuse are good. Any ideas as to where else I can look?
As mentioned in post 3 there are small breakers around your batteries. Some are auto resetting others not. these are generally covered in a red boot, you must feel for the little (tiny) reset button on these. Some rigs have different breakers for different slides. On friends Landmark each slide had it's own breaker, like our Road Warrior.
While you are at it, label each of these as to what it controls for quicker reference next time.
2017 Ram 3500 w/Aisin w/ 4:10 rearend
2016 E-Z-Go Golf Cart 2 Dachshunds DJ (Rainbow Bridge 9-12-2019) & Joey
hamm2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 07:49 AM   #5

Outdoors RV Owners Club
If in your case the manual breaker popped, that would indicate a issue with the current to the motor. I would try and find out why it tripped(overload, short, etc).
egwilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2021, 10:09 AM   #6

KZ RV Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by egwilly View Post
If in your case the manual breaker popped, that would indicate a issue with the current to the motor. I would try and find out why it tripped(overload, short, etc).

I have failed to update in the past once my problem is fixed. Not much to add. I got the numbers of mobile techs from RV park and the day after posting here got ready to call one. I thought since it had been overnight since trying a myriad of things to fix, I thought I would try one last time. Low and behold it worked! All I can say is My prayers the night before were answered.
baranski37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2021, 09:34 AM   #7

Sounds like you popped an auto reset breaker and it had time to coll off and reset.
bddadles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2021, 11:08 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by baranski37 View Post
I have failed to update in the past once my problem is fixed. Not much to add. I got the numbers of mobile techs from RV park and the day after posting here got ready to call one. I thought since it had been overnight since trying a myriad of things to fix, I thought I would try one last time. Low and behold it worked! All I can say is My prayers the night before were answered.
Okay good, as said sounds like a auto-reset breaker tripped, then did it's job.
On our friends Landmark it was found that a wrong breaker had been installed during production. They installed a 20amp instead of a 30 amp as should had been. We replaced with the 30 amp and they have not had any issues since. When you get time check and see what size you have and what size should be in it.
2017 Ram 3500 w/Aisin w/ 4:10 rearend
2016 E-Z-Go Golf Cart 2 Dachshunds DJ (Rainbow Bridge 9-12-2019) & Joey
hamm2018 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide