Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-08-2023, 10:14 AM   #1

2014 38' Heartland BigHorn Roof Material

Good Afternoon,
I am getting ready to coat my roof with Dicor Roof Coating. I have viewed videos on how to find out if I have EPDM or TPO roof material and they show how to find it. I took a vent off and no luck. The video also shows taking a gutter molding off near top of camper, but that requires resealing that seam.

I was on Heartland's website and it shows that EPDM material is used, but I need to know for sure. I was looking at the top of the slide-out and it has material on the top of it that appears to be EPDM, black one side/ white on other. Can I assume the roof is made of the same material?

Thank you.
Rick
SeabeeCPOret is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-09-2023, 06:29 AM   #2
Community Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeabeeCPOret View Post
Good Afternoon,
I am getting ready to coat my roof with Dicor Roof Coating. I have viewed videos on how to find out if I have EPDM or TPO roof material and they show how to find it. I took a vent off and no luck. The video also shows taking a gutter molding off near top of camper, but that requires resealing that seam.

I was on Heartland's website and it shows that EPDM material is used, but I need to know for sure. I was looking at the top of the slide-out and it has material on the top of it that appears to be EPDM, black one side/ white on other. Can I assume the roof is made of the same material?

Thank you.
Rick
Call Heartland with the last 6 numbers of your VIN and see if they can tell you what was used back at that time.
On our 2018 Road Warrior it is EPDM, it is a Heartland product.
2017 Ram 3500 w/Aisin w/4:10
2 Dachshunds DJ (RIP 9-12-19) & Joey (RIP 5-14-21)
hamm2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2023, 08:22 AM   #3

Why don't use spray on roof ? life time warranty.
buc1908 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2023, 09:24 AM   #4

If the material has an orange peel look, then it’s TPO. If it’s smooth, then EDPM.
Newmar2856 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2023, 06:27 AM   #5

Re Heartland Rood membrane

Spray on right on top of material there already? What kind of spray on roof and what is the cost. Might get rid of it ina. Year or two.

Thanks for vin# and dealer. I will do that!

Thanks everyone
SeabeeCPOret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2023, 09:27 PM   #6
Community Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeabeeCPOret View Post
Spray on right on top of material there already? What kind of spray on roof and what is the cost. Might get rid of it ina. Year or two.

Thanks for vin# and dealer. I will do that!

Thanks everyone
NOT the dealer but Heartland Manufacturing in Elkhart, Ind. As a matter of fact, right now Heartland is having their National Rally at the Fairgrounds in Goshen, Ind. The offices may be closed until after the rally, but call and check.

It is called Flex Armor:
https://rvroof.com/

They quoted me at $200/Lft. For us with our rig and the solar panels, it is almost $10,000.

Here is the shop we will be having do the work:
https://ftmyers.rvroof.com/
2017 Ram 3500 w/Aisin w/4:10
2 Dachshunds DJ (RIP 9-12-19) & Joey (RIP 5-14-21)
hamm2018 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
heartland, horn, roof