Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-18-2017, 06:31 PM   #1

American Coach Owners Club
2014 Heartland Gateway Quality?

Im a MH owner but my Son is looking at a 2014 Heartland Gateway 3300ML 5 Wheel
He wants to live in it, what are your opinions on this model.

Thanks and Merry Christmas

Eric
Green D is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-19-2017, 02:45 AM   #2

Can't Recommend It

I have a Heartland Gateway, 2013. I wish I had purchased something else. Have had constant repairs, I believe it had a broken spring when I bought it. Always had trouble with leveling it, on a level concrete pad. I had purchased 3 different vehicles from dealership, but I was widowed when I bought the Gateway. They look great, but I feel they lack quality. I've had light fixtures fall off the wall, found no anchors behind them. Wallpaper is peeling in various locations, undermounted sink in bath fell off counter top only 2 braces. Wheel cover cracked, cover over hitch is not anchored and will not stay on one side, leak in water line at the fixture to citywater had to be replaced, my outside shower fixture will need to be replaced, as it leaks into basement when turned on. Leak under sink I can't find, I place adult diapers underneath to catch the water,( I have handicapped daughter). I have a crack at the BR slide Lippert is checking out. I think there is water penetration around outside speakers, with some delamination under them, in the water & sewage control panel, the bottom of the floor was cut so the drainage was on to the wood flooring & had to be retro fitted with plastic tubing, I have to monitor that & reseal with caulking when needed. This year I had to replace spring, but still not exactly level, when I replaced the broken spring, no one told me that both should be changed. Hydraulic lift on bed broke. Something is wrong with electrical systems, I've burned up 3 batteries. Now I just leave it unplugged except when actually being towed. I had purchased an upgraded battery but they over heat if left connected. I had a brand new battery discharge so much it wouldn't take a charge, I'd left it connected at repair shop so they could move it if needed. It was in shop for 10 days. I have a constant worry that something else will go wrong when I take it out. I'm 68 and it had been my dream to do a lot of traveling with my RV, but my new partner had no experience with RV's and he hates it, says it's too much trouble! No way I can buy something else, who would buy this one ? And I'm getting too old to purchase a new one with payments. I will be 78 when I pay this one off. I've taught my partner to drive, but still do all the parking or driving in tight locations. I did that with my husband too 😉! I'm a pretty good driver for a great grandma, took my handicapped daughter, 23 yo granddaughter and 5 yo great grandson to Gatlingburg a few years back, had to do all the driving. Just loved using my crew cab 3500 dually through Gatlingburg!
DiannaDZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 07:25 AM   #3

DZ
So sorry to hear about all your troubes. This is just what we needed to know though thanks.
Also sorry to hear your dream of Rving isn't going so well, I hope it all gets better for you!
Merry Christmas
Eric
Old 12-24-2017, 07:06 AM   #4

I work for an RV dealer. Forest River trailers is our primary line but we recently added Heartland. I always thought FR's quality control was bad but Heartland is even worse. We always do a detailed pre-delivery inspection of every unit sold and we find way more issues with the Heartland stuff.
rgreen45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2017, 10:03 AM   #5

My Heartland is in the junkyard.
moyerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2017, 11:34 AM   #6

Thanks again for all your useful info. We are not considering that one any longer.
Merry Christmas to u all!
Eric
Old 09-06-2018, 03:10 PM   #7

Heartland RV Club
We purchased our 2014 Gateway 3300 ML used last year. We live in it full time and I love it!! We have had no issues whatsoever with ours! Maybe the 1st owner took care of everything before selling?!
GrannieD is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
heartland, quality