Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-24-2017, 12:37 PM   #29

We've been together almost thirty years....I know who is going to win. We just graduated from a 30' Holiday Rambler TT to a 40' Paradise Pointe 5th wheel.
Seriously, those of us with "fur babies", where do they travel? I am not terribly comfortable with them in the coach while on the road. But at the same time, it is quite the hassle transferring them back and forth from the trailer to the truck should we decide to stop at the local Cracker Barrel for a meal.
dowoplover is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-24-2017, 01:08 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waiter21 View Post
We were at one of the consignment lots in Az last winter, I don't remember how the subject came up, because we already owned a Class A, and were looking \to upgrade to a larger class A. The dealer said something like. If you already own a tow vehicle, like a large pickup or some vehicle that can tow, then a trailer may be a better fit.

That's kind of where we were at when we originially decided on a Class A years ago.

We could either use our car to tow our house, or use our house to tow our car. Of course there was no way we could tow a 30 ft trailer with our 4 cyl Camry, and if we were going to buy a trailer, we would also need to buy a vehicle that could tow it.

I think the Class A is more convince for traveling, i.e. starting and stopping, but the trailer may offer more room at less cost if its mainly going to sit somewhere.
This was seriously why I picked the motorhome over a new travel trailer. I had a 24 foot corsair and i was wanting to upgrade to something a little more newer. My motorhome is still almost 20 years old, but I gained almost 20 years going from the camper to the motorhome. I hated the camper life. its was small and cramped everywhere. It just wasn't enough room for me. Dark and dingy, no generator, and it was just falling apart. I sold it for more money than I bought it for though so thats good lol.

But my truck that I used to pull the camper was also on its last leg so the thought of buying a new camper and truck was a waste to me since I didn't really use the truck much except for pulling the camper. So buying a motorhome works for me as I have less things cluttering up my driveway and having to maintain and the cost of my motorhome is much less than a truck payment let alone less than a truck and camper payment.
Old 04-24-2017, 01:50 PM   #31

the one thing I like about a trailer is the availability of a floorplan that offers 2 separated sleeping areas. In a motorcoach, you get one bedroom and must convert your living area to sleeping for the additional sleeping capacity.

For traveling, motorcoach - no comparison.
wredman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 03:01 PM   #32

Our fur babies ride in the truck. They each have a harness so they can't fly off the rear bunk if something happens.(when we have a PU they also rode in the back seat) We never move them from the truck to the trailer and back when we stop. They wait right in the truck. If it is hot we leave a 12 volt fan running on them. It does not take that long to eat on the road.

Brad
bddadles is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
class a