Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-07-2009, 02:44 AM   #1

5th wheel electrical problem

we have a 2002 jayco eagle, lights and gfci wall plugs work, none of the other plugs will work and the microwave will not work. need help on how and what to check and what might be the problem, have had it at dealer at 109 hour times 2 hours and they could not tell us what was wrong. question #2, is there a site that shows how the wires are run in this trailer, i've looked at jayco site and could not find anything there. any help will be appreciated.walter
faye is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-08-2009, 10:28 AM   #2

electrical problems

Don't quite understand the time at the dealer.... but you will need to be able to use a voltmeter and start chasing where the electricity is supplied from and where it stops. Sounds like a breaker tripped you haven't found, or another GFCI you haven't found that is upstream of the outlets that don't work. Sometimes, the breakers themselves can go bad. Other things to consider is checking all ground/negative wires in CB panel box for tightness. Be careful, also, doing all this--or get an electrician to trace everything.
Doubt Jayco can tell you where the wires are, or would.
'05 36TK3 Mobile Suites--retired but not forgotten
wingnut60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 12:53 AM   #3

I've always had very good luck with Jayco as a company. They've taken very good care of me so far. I would give Jayco a call and see if they will send you those schematics. I've heard tell of them doing it before.
Old 09-09-2009, 07:03 AM   #4

Check the GFI's. Pull them out and check the line & load side wires for power. I have seen a GFI's work but the load side recpts down stream don't. Like others said check the breakers First. If the breakers are bad change them all, same thing with the GFI's
Hope this works.
Our new Designer gets delivered this week.

Wayne
Old 09-09-2009, 11:49 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindRVer View Post
I've always had very good luck with Jayco as a company. They've taken very good care of me so far. I would give Jayco a call and see if they will send you those schematics. I've heard tell of them doing it before.

i called jayco and they e-mailed the wiring diagrahm, however our trailer was not wired according to the way they showed it was. people there were really nice, turned out they did not put a wire in one of the wall plugs and all plugs had to be pulled and checked and it was in the last plug checked. cost of a lot of worry and money, but problem was solved. thanks to all of you who responded as we used all the info in trying to get to the problem.
faye is offline   Reply With Quote