Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-12-2021, 04:05 AM   #43

KZ RV Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastEagle View Post
The official maximum load capacity for your axles is listed as the GAWR on the vehicle certification label. Anything above that is known as "load capacity reserves".
I'm guessing you were a pilot and know how to fly. I worked as a mechanic for Ford/Lincoln/Mercury before switching to LE for 25 years, then really dumb and buying a class 8 to long haul. Three things I know well, mechanics, law, and commercial driving all provided for my family at one time.. As I stated I know what I have and will take all the extra load capacity I can get. Common sense is what was supposed to be 6K by where ever you got your specs were 7K and I upgraded to 8K. Don't recall the GAWR but I added at least 1K with the axle upgrade over the tag, tires from E 3,640 @ 80psi, the Sailun G's are rated 4400lbs @ 110 psi, and yes I called the rim maker to insure the rim could handle the 110psi. I'm stuck with the little tag but know in my mind I am safe with higher weight loads.In the class 8 there were times I had to run 1/2 tanks or be over gross and had the commercial scales to cross, not so in my RV.

Again where did you get your specs for my 5W? I have all the KZ material that came with the 5W and there nothing close to what you posted. BTW KZ did upgrade tires after complaints of not enough load capacity, the larger now ship with G's instead of E.s
Edd505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-12-2021, 05:04 AM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theunz View Post
Sailun G rated S637 seems to be the quality tire of choice. Much cheaper than the G rated Goodyear’s and so far has a better track record. Both brands are much better than the China bombs that come on most 5rs, and yes some of the Sailun’s are made in China, but to higher standards. Of course some swear by the Goodyear’s so your money your choice. Either one will be a good option.
The Goodyear G614's are top of the line, and they come at a huge price.

I put Bridgestone Duravis R250's, a ribbed E rated tire, on my mid size fifth wheel on Day one. Michelin has a comparable premium tire that's slightly more money. I was very disappointed in the Westlakes after I saw physically how thin and lightweight they are.

Never heard anything bad about the Sailuns. I put a pair on the front of my F250 and saved $100 over Michelins (each.) They are not available locally, but Walmart.com handles distribution for Saliluns and they come in overnight.
Bamaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2021, 07:24 AM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edd505 View Post
I'm guessing you were a pilot and know how to fly. I worked as a mechanic for Ford/Lincoln/Mercury before switching to LE for 25 years, then really dumb and buying a class 8 to long haul. Three things I know well, mechanics, law, and commercial driving all provided for my family at one time.. As I stated I know what I have and will take all the extra load capacity I can get. Common sense is what was supposed to be 6K by where ever you got your specs were 7K and I upgraded to 8K. Don't recall the GAWR but I added at least 1K with the axle upgrade over the tag, tires from E 3,640 @ 80psi, the Sailun G's are rated 4400lbs @ 110 psi, and yes I called the rim maker to insure the rim could handle the 110psi. I'm stuck with the little tag but know in my mind I am safe with higher weight loads.In the class 8 there were times I had to run 1/2 tanks or be over gross and had the commercial scales to cross, not so in my RV.

Again where did you get your specs for my 5W? I have all the KZ material that came with the 5W and there nothing close to what you posted. BTW KZ did upgrade tires after complaints of not enough load capacity, the larger now ship with G's instead of E.s
The GAWRs load capacity on your trailer's federal certification label is the maximum allowable load on your axles no matter what you up graded to.

https://www.rvusa.com/rv-guide/2017-...353rkt-tr32392
FastEagle is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
5th wheel, tire, tires