Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-20-2022, 09:12 AM   #1

Accessing my furnace

I have a 2007 Cameo 5thwheel, cant figure out how to get panel off to look at my furnace? Anyone out there that can help?
jhildenb is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-20-2022, 10:02 AM   #2

interior panel or exterior panel?

Exterior, usually just remove four screws, one in each corner, then work the cover off. Sometimes there is a tube within a tube that needs to be slid out.

Interior, you'll have to wait for someone familiar with that particular RV. There's usually not much that can be accessed from the inside. Most components are accessed from the outside.
Old 11-29-2022, 08:20 PM   #3

Accessing my furnace

If it’s an old Atwood furnace, I believe the access panels were sealed with an RTV sealant to keep water out. I’m guessing you’d have to pry very, very carefully to get it open.
Hopefully someone with a Cameo will chime in soon.

On edit, this is what I was thinking about. Take a look at pg 5 of this manual. Hope it helps.

https://manuals.heartlandowners.org/...wood%20AFM.PDF
Yosemite77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2022, 10:59 AM   #4

There has to be backside access where the ducting was connected. But specific for your model. Find it on the outside, then start peeling back the layers on the inside.....
'20 RAM 3500, '20 Heartland Road Warrior 430 https://thecastle.blog/ Also: Eagle Cap 950 Before:'17 Berkshire 38A class A https://dragonship.blog/ '11 Heartland Cyclone TH, '11 Lance TC, '05 Keystone TT, '76 Coachmen class A and a '16 DIY Transit conversion........
oscarvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2022, 06:39 AM   #5
Community Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhildenb View Post
I have a 2007 Cameo 5thwheel, cant figure out how to get panel off to look at my furnace? Anyone out there that can help?
I helped a friend work on his 2008 Cameo. We access the furnace from the front storage compartment, by removing the rear basement walls.
2017 Ram 3500 w/Aisin w/4:10
2 Dachshunds DJ (RIP 9-12-19) & Joey (RIP 5-14-21)
hamm2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2022, 08:34 AM   #6

Furnace has to exhaust to the outside so it must be on an outside wall. On mine and all I have worked on, remove 8 screws holding the cover on. Remove gas line. Disconnect 12 v olt wiring. Remove one screw in center and slide out. The duct work is attached to the shell of the unit. No need to pull it out.
2003 Teton Grand Freedom. 2006 Freightliner Century 120 with Detroit 14L and Ultrashift.2016 Smartcar carry on deck. Full time going from job to job. Building and maintaining plants across the USA. Sold 2006 Mobile Suites 32TK3
glennwest is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
access, ace, furnace