Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-10-2021, 08:09 PM   #1

Adding outdoor kitchen

We are buying our first 5th wheel. My question is.....We would really like an outdoor kitchen. If we buy a 5th wheel that does not have an outdoor kitchen, is it possible to add it later/after our purchase?
Thank you
brat591 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-11-2021, 09:24 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by brat591 View Post
We are buying our first 5th wheel. My question is.....We would really like an outdoor kitchen. If we buy a 5th wheel that does not have an outdoor kitchen, is it possible to add it later/after our purchase?
Thank you
That would be some major overhaul. I would think you would to to find a way to cut the outer wall bracing, reweld it with new supports, cut the wall opening and install a new door opening. Then run your new electric lines, water lines, 12 volt lines for a fridge and possible propane for the fridge as well, if needed. If it is a new unit guarantee the warranty would be gone. The outer wall studs on these things are aluminum, not wood.
Also maybe a concern is the added weight you would add in that corner. How much are the axles/tires rated for? Will you need to upgrade these? If not to stay under the weight limit you will need to reduce how much stuff you take with you on trips.
2017 Ram 3500 w/Aisin w/4:10
2 Dachshunds DJ (RIP 9-12-19) & Joey (RIP 5-14-21)
hamm2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2021, 11:42 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Vintage RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
As noted, that is a major overhaul to get the water, gas and electric to the "outdoor Kitchen" are as well as the exterior door and interior cabinet work to create the pocket to install it. Cedar Creek does offer an optional slide out kitchen that goes in the basement and it takes up a lot of storage.

https://forestriverinc.com/rvs/fifth...eek/345IK/5607
Old 06-12-2021, 05:47 AM   #4

As noted above that is a major project. Better to buy what you want already built.
bddadles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2021, 06:48 AM   #5

https://www.snowpeak.com/collections/iron-grill-table

You're welcome.
propchef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2021, 07:24 AM   #6

Take a look at what a lot of campers do. I personally feel the outdoor kitchen that is in the side of a rv takes more space out of the interior than it's worth. I thought I wanted one but have a nice setup that I can use and place it in any spot in my campsite and stores easily in the basement.
We're on a 6 month trip mainly new England so I know it's lobsters clams and mussels a lot so I put in my 2 burner camp chef stove to handle big steaming pots, 17in blackstone, and pitboss pellet smoker/grill (small tabletop model). I have quick connect hoses from my gas outlet to the stoves, a 7 day lifetime cooler to keep the cook hydrated, a folding table plus a fold up camp kitchen . Finally a 10x10 canopy for bad weather.
Try cooking 8 lobsters on a built in outdoor kitchen. You might be able to do it but a reasonable setup will be easier and wouldn't interfere with rest of your prime area for chairs etc
Lot of options
ajsfla is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
door, outdoor