Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-11-2014, 06:49 AM   #1

Advice on mounting camera on my fifth wheel...RVS-770613-213

Advice on mounting rear camera on fifth wheel...RVS-770613-213

Any suggestions on mounting my hard wired camera to the back of my fifth wheel?

I was thinking take out the middle light of the three at the top and use that spot or attach to top ladder rung?

In any event any help on detailed instructions/suggestions on how to run the wires as well. I have the Polar Package underneath. Thanks for any help!
Mosnowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-11-2014, 06:48 PM   #2

Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
What brand of 5ver do you own?
Old 01-12-2014, 07:13 AM   #3

Keystone Cougar 327RES

I own a Keystone Cougar 327RES
Mosnowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 07:29 AM   #4

Excel Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
The mounting location should not be as big a problem as will running the hard wires all the way to the truck cab. Did you concider a wireless cam?
chief02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 07:46 AM   #5

Forest River Owners Club
Do you recommend any wireless cameras
Urban350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 04:45 PM   #6

Damon Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
I purchase a wireless camera for my old MH, hooking it up to work with the lights on. This was removed from the MH and now on my tow vehicle. Now on my fiver I am going to add a wireless camera for the back of this as I installed a hitch to pull my ATV , and to keep an eye on this, I will install this wireless camera to work when my lights are on. So I will keep an eye on my ATV from this camera , this camera will be wired to the marking lights on my fiver, as both monitors are in the cab of the truck, and can be viewed with out any hassles. just a side the note the one hooked up to my tow vehicle only works when the truck is put in reverse only, this allows me to not only watch for kids, or back in to a small car, but the main reason was to back up and hook up to my boat. I seen this wireless camera at a few different places and as low as $45.00.
Old 01-21-2014, 11:53 PM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Triple E Owners Club
Since our motorhome days and now 5th, I too have been looking into a rear camera. The three supplier/installers I have talked to indicated to not go with wireless. They stated it is less reliable, not as high resolution, and some don't have the night vision working very well. I think I can do like the dealers do with on the roof surface wiring, and simply put large globs of Dicor to hold wires in place- down the fridge vent and then fish wires forward to hitch area. I'd really like to hear some recommendations of good working wireless cameras, as well as make and model.

Tags
advice, camera, rvs