Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-05-2015, 10:43 PM   #43

RWeigant...are you referring to an Alfa?...what year model is the unit your talking about? Because I can tell you now they aren't built by the same company that used to build the Alfa RV's. The 2014-2016 models are excellent...and they are built by Evergreen now.
suprdave1958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-30-2015, 11:07 AM   #44

Anyone have the inside dimensions of the "bunk/storage/garage" slide? I was thinking about a mini office or work area and was wondering how much room I'd have to work with.

Unless I missed it I didn't see anything about how much room there are for batteries, how big the inverter is when you have a RR and if there was a generator prep option.
Old 07-30-2015, 02:00 PM   #45

Not to derail the thread, but we have been thinking about the same need. Want to haul a bike with a fifth wheel - obviously we are not the first with this as I have found threads 10 years back on the internet with the same question.

I think we are going to look at an Keystone Alpine 3900RE. Seems to be a similar compromise in space, good price point and decent manufacturer.
McRod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 10:39 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by McRod View Post
I think we are going to look at an Keystone Alpine 3900RE. Seems to be a similar compromise in space, good price point and decent manufacturer.
Looked at the 3900RE until I found the 3905SH. Although the rear garage is wider it shortens the living area and you loose the large rear window. So I give the nod to the 3905SH but not by much.
Old 08-01-2015, 09:55 PM   #47

You can't haul a Goldwing or HD in the 3900RE anyway...it's not wide enough. Bikes are 100"-102" in length. Nice concept for a 4 wheeler though
suprdave1958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 12:31 PM   #48

3905SH-motorcycle

So has anyone actually put any time and miles with one of these units yet? thoses that indicated they were full timers in this model....how are the system holding up? How about frame strength, brake and tire wear, etc?

I love this concept for side toy hauler for the HD... saw a unit at a show in WPB a couple months ago.... lots of living space, high ceilings, etc.....appointments and finishes were disapointing - mid level certanly not high end by our standards and question the durability....especially "full time"
So does anyone have actual roll down the road with a heavy tourbike inside, a year or more on the systems expierience, etc that can give some feedback?

Thanks a bunch!!!
Old 08-05-2015, 07:53 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by suprdave1958 View Post
You can't haul a Goldwing or HD in the 3900RE anyway...it's not wide enough. Bikes are 100"-102" in length. Nice concept for a 4 wheeler though
I'm looking at putting a BMW R1200RT in the 3900RE. Should fit fine. But, not totally happy with the overall floorplan for either the Alpine 3900RE or the Alfa Gold 3905MH, so still weighing other options (lifts, trailers, etc)
McRod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 06:32 AM   #50

Monaco Owners Club
Some of these posts sound like Alfa salesmen ��
And imho none of the toy haulers are what we would define as high end. All are more 'utilitarian' than hi end

Really looked hard at them but wife and I both thought poor amenities when we Looked
Old 08-06-2015, 09:02 AM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBoyToo View Post
Some of these posts sound like Alfa salesmen ��
And imho none of the toy haulers are what we would define as high end. All are more 'utilitarian' than hi end

Really looked hard at them but wife and I both thought poor amenities when we Looked
I've been getting the same impression just reading and looking at the videos. We were looking at it to create some office space in the slide but not at the expense of being a lower grade coach.

We're also looking at the Lifestyle 39FB, although it's a bit longer at 42', which looks like a really nice layout. It looks to be very roomy inside especially in the bedroom with the King bed. And that full 30x60" shower is really nice. The pullout desk will get the job done but it's not as nice as dedicated office space.

I still like the Super C's better but the DW wants the 5er with the truck.
Old 08-10-2015, 07:42 AM   #52

I was hoping Don t would respond...i sent him a private message to see if they actually bought the model and have any time on it.....

Anyone else actually own this model and have some road time on it?
Old 08-10-2015, 10:45 AM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palmeris View Post
I was hoping Don t would respond...i sent him a private message to see if they actually bought the model and have any time on it.....

Anyone else actually own this model and have some road time on it?
Sorry everyone, I have been away from the site for a while, busy at work. Here is the response to the PM.

Thanks for asking. We do now have the Alfa Gold. We have both been busy with work so we have not been able to travel with it. To date we have pulled it from Austin to a RV park in Houston and a month later moved to another RV park. We have not carried the motorcycle in it yet but I have no fear of doing so. I am not concerned about having only two axles as they are rated at 8k each. We are living it the camper full time and so far we are happy with the layout. We have scaled it loaded as we are living and it came in low enough that when we have a generator installed and load the motorcycle we will be well under the axle and VW rating.

That is the good. The bad is we are having some warrantee issues with it. We may end up having the factory send a truck to take the camper back and fix it right as we don't seem to have anyone around here we can trust to do the work right. I hope to know more in the next couple of weeks.

We have met two others with the same camper that have hauled their motorcycles in them with no issues, an no warrantee claims either.

Good luck with your decision.

Don
Don_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 04:38 PM   #54

Thank you for the response DonT. No need to be sorry at all!!!

Congrats on the purchase

Sorry to hear you are having warranty issues.....please post an update as you work through them , any details would be great.

Glad to hear that you figured out the GVW fully laden for your config...and that you are within manufactures specs....my concern is with the weight of a big HD dresser in the box while traversing the nations hwys, and that weight not being truly centered over the 2 axles , being behind them and slighly to the driver side, how well the unit will track, tire and brake wear, frame flex, how much chucking at the pin box, etc..... sounds like you still got some time to see how that plays out...

Also very happy to hear you are a full timer in this model, as our plans are to be in it for several months at a time so please post your expieriences as you put wear on the systems, bathrooms, ac, heat, kitchens, etc....

i also liked the layout with the 2 recliners and flat screen, fireplace...seemed like plenty of storage space both inside and below as well. I liked the high ceilings feel, ceiling fans etc... wasnt happy with the " look and feel" of the finishes on the walls, floors, apolstery, etc...and wife was wondering how well it wear, clean, etc...

Thank s again DonT, please post updates as you can.
Old 10-23-2015, 09:29 PM   #55

Smile

Hi everyone,

Just joined today specifically to ask if anyone has any new insight into the Alfa Gold 3905SH since it's been a few months.

Wife and I are considering full timing this coming spring 2016. As total newbies to the RV world, we've been doing our research the last few months and recently came across this floorplan and thought highly of it for our lifestyle.

Wanting to maximize living space, having a quality build and yet not a true toy hauler are key. We work full time and are considering getting the SR (storage room) option so like Timon mentioned, turning the space into a small office (I'm sure IKEA can work a miracle with such a small space)

i've heard good things about this line now under the Evergreen Manufacturer but wondering if anyone has experience on the road with it now?

Thanks and looking forward to this new adventure!
swernimo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2015, 08:53 AM   #56

I have heard that their 2017 models will be made with a lippert frame going away from their titan box frame so in my opinion the titan frame from a 2016 or previous year would be stronger...JMHP...
mkohler30 is offline   Reply With Quote