Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-10-2021, 01:41 PM   #1

Alliance by Paradigm

Anyone on here own an Alliance Fifth Wheel. I would like to receive some comments on their experience. I am looking at Fifth Wheels no heavier than 15,000 GVWR.
CAMPER70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-11-2021, 11:46 AM   #2

Outdoors RV Owners Club
I have a 2020 Paradigm 310RL. There have been some changes in their line since I got mine. What questions can I answer?

There are also a couple of threads on here about them. You may want to do a search to see some questions already answered.

//KMac
kmac7800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 12:04 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmac7800 View Post
I have a 2020 Paradigm 310RL.
I am not the OP but I looked to see how long you had your 310 from previous posts and its been over a year. Any major issues? How often do you use the unit? How is the shower? Seems like an odd question as I type it but there were several units that I went into that the walls would separate and I was told by the Alliance folks they were trying to get the adhesive / tape right to hold the shower wall against the unit.

We did the factory tour a last month and like what Alliance is doing and of course extremely impressed with their customer support and response.
r3842id is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 10:48 AM   #4

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by r3842id View Post
...Any major issues? How often do you use the unit? How is the shower?

We have used the unit twice for a total of 11 (or 12?) nights. 2020 was not a good year for a new RV, at least for us (no COVID issues, however other health related issues).

The shower is great (so far) and seems to be holding up. We are in the desert SE of Washington state, so it gets to 100+ in the summer, and the walls of the show seem to be holding up.

The only issues so far were mentioned in my prior posts: flooring in bedroom had come loose, AC in bedroom was not blowing to DS of rig, and the fan in the bathroom was wired to the lights (ie the lights had to be on in order for the fan to work).

When I took it to the dealership to get it done, they also did some other type of work almost like a recall from a autodealership. They replaced a breaker (or ???) for the bedroom slide, as it was not quite big enough, and moved the TV booster from under the "coffee nook" to the basement.

They are just like any other mass produced RV manufacturer. I do not think their product is head and shoulders above anyone else. However, to us, their product was ahead of it's time (now everyone is building in extra storage in "dead" space) by listening to RVers before their first trailer came off the line.

The question is: Would I buy it again? Yes, I most definitely would. I almost wish I would have waited to have all the little upgrades they added like the easy access behind the water panel in the basement and the ease of getting the fireplace open (my latches are hard to open).

We are scheduled to go out on a 2021 setup trip in a couple of weeks, and we are looking forward to it.

Hopefully this was helpful.

//KMac
kmac7800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 11:02 AM   #5

Thanks kmac7800 for your response. I really wanting to know what people think of their unit and if they would buy again. Sounds like they are trying to mimmick the Grand Design approach toward customers. Gand Design customer service has been very responsive to any of my needs. I have only needed them a couple times and it was good. We are thinking of a FW the size of the 310 and just recently discovered the Brand. The DW wants a 4 burner stove and a larger oven with 2 racks. I think the Alliance has all that and would like to look at one to check out the build quality. We are also considering another Grand Design because they still appear to have the better quality materials in their price line.I know the Alliance has only been around a short time.
Old 05-12-2021, 03:20 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAMPER70 View Post
Sounds like they are trying to mimmick the Grand Design approach toward customers.
Bill Martin who was the Director of Marketing during the Grand Design earlier years is now the Co-Owner & VP of Customer relations at Alliance so is likely why you see them mimicking GD.
r3842id is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 08:30 AM   #7

We bought an Alliance 310RL in February and had only opportunity for a 2-week trip early April. For the most part we are very satisfied. A major issue came up right away when we bought it as the leveler was not working properly. But that was a Lippert component issue and was replaced on warranty in short time.
Other minor warranty niggles:
- the recliner broke loose on a super bumpy stretch of I70. Dealer used bigger screws to fix that.
- sliding door of the closet broke loose on same road. I replaced the small screws for the rail hardware myself. No big deal.
- Inverter 120V supply for main TV and fireplace was swapped. Dealer fixed that.
Other than that, pretty nice camper. I think we made a good choice.
Old 05-14-2021, 05:52 PM   #8

Thanks for the info Jerry Burks. I have had minor issues with my Trailer because of road conditions. None of us will be able to keep an RV together if the infrastructure in this country is not addressed soon. The roads are a disgrace for a country of wealth like ours.
Old 05-14-2021, 05:55 PM   #9

Thanks r3842id for the info! That makes sense.
Old 05-19-2021, 03:45 PM   #10

The biggest beef I have with my Grand Design is the quality of the materials, or lack thereof. Having been in the commercial construction industry for over 40 years, my eye for good materials and correct installation definitely exceeds what these manufacturers are willing or capable of.
tigerGUY is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
alliance, paradigm