Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-08-2022, 02:21 PM   #1

Alliance Paradigm Sofa Question

We have had our Paradigm 310RL for 2 seasons and are for the most part very satisfied.
Now, for the first time we want to travel with 4 people and will need the sleeper sofa that we never tried out. That is easy enough to unfold, but we have an unpleasant step of maybe 2 inches between the two inner parts of the tri-fold mattress and the foot end that is rather the normal seating surface. I am not sure what brand it is, but the theater seats say "Kensington Collection".

Can anybody shed some light if there is another trick to get it flat or if I am missing a cushion for the lower section?

Thanks, JB
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-09-2022, 10:38 AM   #2

Same in our 310RL. We've only used it once for a guest and ended up folding it back to and just couching it.
MontanaStars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2022, 04:26 PM   #3

Outdoors RV Owners Club
My sister slept on ours for 5 nights back in June, and she ended up "couching" it due to not being very comfortable. If I were to do it again, and especially 2 people, I would consider an air bed and put it in front of the couch on the floor. It would be miles better than attempting to use the fold out couch.

YMMV. Good luck and have fun!

//KMac
kmac7800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2022, 07:01 PM   #4

Thanks guys, that is what I suspected. For now, we have evened it out a bit with thick blankets and maybe I am going to buy a suitable mattress topper cut to size to fill the gap. But poor design, anyway...
Old 10-10-2022, 08:00 PM   #5

Same in my 385FL - the legs on the “foot” section adjust, but I also had to add about 1 inch blocks under the legs to make the bed flat.
Grassjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2022, 09:42 PM   #6

Maybe buy a raised queen sized air bed and place it in the floor. I like sleeping in a good air bed myself. Leave the theater seats out of the sleeping mix.

Get an air bed with it's own pump.
tuffr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2022, 06:35 PM   #7

Coastal Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Burks View Post
We have had our Paradigm 310RL for 2 seasons and are for the most part very satisfied.
Now, for the first time we want to travel with 4 people and will need the sleeper sofa that we never tried out. That is easy enough to unfold, but we have an unpleasant step of maybe 2 inches between the two inner parts of the tri-fold mattress and the foot end that is rather the normal seating surface. I am not sure what brand it is, but the theater seats say "Kensington Collection".

Can anybody shed some light if there is another trick to get it flat or if I am missing a cushion for the lower section?

Thanks, JB
Jerry,
We ended up using two pieces of memory foam to fill the gap and level things out.

First one was twin sized and is about 3" thick - put it on the black cloth part where the back of the sofa folds down after you pull the seat cushions up and the bed out.

Second cushion is a queen sized memory foam which is more than enough to put on top of everything. It mostly evens things out and makes sleeping ok.

Just my two cents...Bill
Bhidalgo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
alliance, paradigm