Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-24-2016, 11:58 AM   #183

Mid Atlantic Campers
X2 on the not level. Check your axle weighs. Pin weigh will be more than you think.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-26-2016, 09:23 PM   #184

Hello!

First post.

Love the Anderson hitch! Here is a pic of the safety chains hooked into my B&W turnover GN. This works well in my SB truck.

Completely stock 2500 carries the hitch quite well.

DJNCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 11:38 PM   #185

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJNCJ View Post
Hello!

First post.

Love the Anderson hitch! Here is a pic of the safety chains hooked into my B&W turnover GN. This works well in my SB truck.

Completely stock 2500 carries the hitch quite well.

Lookin good. Will the pin box hit the rails before nose hits the window?
Old 03-27-2016, 06:43 AM   #186

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zac808 View Post
Lookin good. Will the pin box hit the rails before nose hits the window?

Not when I'm on the level. There is plenty of clearance. Will be watching closely when backing through uneven areas.
DJNCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 09:15 AM   #187

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cummins12V98 View Post
I can read you said "I must say it doesn't chuck like before with the old setup." nice you left that part out quoting your self!

I stand by what I said! Andersen will NOT stop "CHUCKING" !
Since there isn't a loose connection between fiver and hitch wouldn't that be eliminating chucking?
Fsufreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 09:36 AM   #188

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fsufreak View Post
Since there isn't a loose connection between fiver and hitch wouldn't that be eliminating chucking?
Chucking is the tugging and pushing feeling that can happen between the TV and RV like going over an overpass. Loose parts are just loose parts, you could call it clunking/rattling I suppose.
Cummins12V98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 10:31 AM   #189

Quote:
Chucking is the tugging and pushing feeling that can happen between the TV and RV like going over an overpass. Loose parts are just loose parts, you could call it clunking/rattling I suppose.
I was under the impression that the tugging and pushing feeling was called "Bucking"? It is was it is I guess?
Fsufreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 02:02 PM   #190

Then what is Chugeling? When I tow my TT we just keep on a Chugeling down the road.
Bob1340 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 04:50 PM   #191

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbillsmith View Post
Yea. Now I see it. The back 2 posts moved behind the ball instead of under it. My 12000# Wildcat rides fine but I can see how a heavier one could benefit. Its nice when a mfg continues to make improvements.
I just talked to Andersen and they are now shipping another enhancement also. It's a "funnel cup" that attaches to the king pin adapter. You now only need to line up within 3" to drop onto the hitch ball. See a picture at Tweetys. If you have an older style Ultimate, you can still order the part, it fits.
hbillsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 06:14 AM   #192

I installed my Andersen rail mount hitch and adapter this weekend. The adapter was not as easy for me as I was led to believe. First, the temps had dropped to the 20s at night and the adapter was in the bed of the truck. It was in the mid 30s when I started the install, but the adapter would not slide all the way onto the pin. It would jam 1/4" past the notch on the pin. After wrestling it for 20 minutes I thought about the cold contracting metal, so I placed it in front of a space heater in the garage for 30 minutes. Booya! It slipped right on. Then I couldn't find a 15/16" wrench, but finally located a socket still attached to my torque wrench. After putting the bolts in and tightening a little, I realized I had the safety chain kit in the garage. I removed the bolts and replaced with the chain loop bolts. Since I didn't have a 15/16" wrench, I used a hammer handle through the loop while partially tightening the bolts. I only had a hand held Allen wrench to do the set screws and snugged them up, but had to keep tightening them as they would get loose when I did the neighboring set screw. I also had one set screw with a slightly deformed Allen socket that gave me fits for a while until I tapped the wrench into it and reshaped to accept the wrench. Then I tightened down the bolts. Whew!
I now have Allen sockets on order from Amazon so I can torque to 40 ft/lbs, but sent Andersen a note asking if those are what they now recommend 50 lbs on. Since I have the ball receiver behind the hitch, I want to be sure the adapter doesn't flip around on me. I don't plan to tow for a month, but need to pull/push the fiver onto an Andersen Rapid Jack for under carriage work.
SkiSmuggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 08:50 AM   #193

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob1340 View Post
Then what is Chugeling? When I tow my TT we just keep on a Chugeling down the road.
You must have CCR playing thru your speakers.
Cumminsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 09:02 AM   #194

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fsufreak View Post
I was under the impression that the tugging and pushing feeling was called "Bucking"? It is was it is I guess?
Same things different names.
Old 03-28-2016, 04:46 PM   #195

Quote:
I can read you said "I must say it doesn't chuck like before with the old setup." nice you left that part out quoting your self!

I stand by what I said! Andersen will NOT stop "CHUCKING" !
Read it again then. I never said it doesn't chuck?!? I said it doesn't "LIKE BEFORE". I don't know why you think you need to attack this hitch setup? Maybe you're jealous?!?

2014 Wildcat 344QB-OK
EastTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 05:07 PM   #196

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastTexan View Post
Read it again then. I never said it doesn't chuck?!? I said it doesn't "LIKE BEFORE". I don't know why you think you need to attack this hitch setup? Maybe you're jealous?!?
Ok you are right the andersen made your combo chuck less. Hitches don't cause "chucking nor do they remove it.

I give!