Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-08-2018, 05:27 PM   #57

some new something old

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96 Softail View Post
What’s that got to do with anything, let alone this thread?🤔
I just thought we could argue about something else for a while, I mean these Andersen hitch threads never go anywhere
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-08-2018, 08:39 PM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1361 View Post
This might help some make up their mind about Andersen Hitches.
How about a message from the man himself: A Letter from Ryan Andersen
Old 04-08-2018, 11:14 PM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by ti136333 View Post
Here's a video of mine going 73mph... love it! No noice at all and smooth as can be!

https://youtu.be/JHJZLcWKxCo

So, what’s your point? Looks just like any other 5th wheel hitch I’ve seen a video of. 😴
Old 04-08-2018, 11:16 PM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSHGTO View Post
I just thought we could argue about something else for a while, I mean these Andersen hitch threads never go anywhere
Got it. Misunderstood ur meaning. I totally agree with you. 👍
Old 04-08-2018, 11:23 PM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbillsmith View Post

Just like all the other “entitlists” think rules don’t apply them. 😡
Old 04-08-2018, 11:41 PM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboys72 View Post
I have used one for about a year and a half.....a couple dozen RV park hitch/unhitches plus now. I love the 40lb. install/detach side of this. Haven't had any issues involving strength/durability of the Anderson Ultimate.

I did have some issues with 5'vr hitch (pin box) as it was a roto-flex (anti chucking) set up which we found later isn't good on the Anderson as it binds up against ball when detaching. A kit was added free to freeze the flex hitch by my dealer as they hadn't gotten the Anderson notice about this issue at time of sale.

There's still no noticeable chucking. The other concern is height issue IF you have an unusually high 4x4 as we do (Ram 2500 4x). I'm not sure if others have issues with unloading 5th wheel, but if truck front is downhill, we have had some "getting off the ball" issues since the hitch ball sticks up more due to slope.

Our 5th wheel also is shorter in stature than some expensive units, so that may contribute to issues. Has required extra pyramid building at trailer tandem end at times, but largely resolved since roto-flex locked down. We do trail nose high, but not to any dangerous extent and due more to pickup height than Anderson I believe.

My bottom line....if your truck is average height, I would recommend the Anderson aluminum as it's great to handle with no grease, no big weight. If you are so tall in the bed you need a step stool to crawl into truck....be cautious. Check 5'vr recommended hook up height.

There’s no avoiding “chucking”. It’s just a fact of life towing a trailer. Anyone who says they tow a trailer and don’t experience “chucking” because they are using a particular hitch is full of it.
Old 04-09-2018, 06:19 AM   #63

Quote:
There’s no avoiding “chucking”. It’s just a fact of life towing a trailer. Anyone who says they tow a trailer and don’t experience “chucking” because they are using a particular hitch is full of it.
What is your definition of chucking?
Old 04-09-2018, 06:39 AM   #64

Quote:
Have you ever pulled a gooseneck? There is no chucking.

Chucking is movement between the pin box and the truck hitch. With a gooseneck there is no play and no room for movement. Therefore no chucking.
Old 04-09-2018, 06:51 AM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbillsmith View Post

It is a well written letter. The question is: Did he write it, or did some PR firm that specializes in damage control? What makes me question his sincerity was that his first reaction when caught was to have his license plates switched out. I assume the new plates couldn’t be traced to him. Why would anyone have such plates on hand?
Old 04-09-2018, 07:22 AM   #66

Winnebago Owners Club
Interesting photo selection on the public letter .... Ryan and his lovely wife don’t appear to be embarrassed at all. All smiley and cute. Maybe this is just a publicity stunt, might get their own TV show, something like “Stupid and Stupider.”
Old 04-09-2018, 09:13 AM   #67

96, I probably am full of it.....but I've worked pulling equipment in my life and felt a lot of chucking with equipment trailers. And with my Ultralite 5th wheel hooked to my Ram 2500 and tendency to drive somewhat slow and carefully (I'm closing in on 70).......I get no noticeable chucking. In other words, it's surprising when I feel any push or pull and on my Anderson ball hitch whatsoever, there's no play, bumping or sliding or noise. So again, no noticeable chucking.
Old 04-09-2018, 10:02 AM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboys72 View Post
96, I probably am full of it.....but I've worked pulling equipment in my life and felt a lot of chucking with equipment trailers. And with my Ultralite 5th wheel hooked to my Ram 2500 and tendency to drive somewhat slow and carefully (I'm closing in on 70).......I get no noticeable chucking. In other words, it's surprising when I feel any push or pull and on my Anderson ball hitch whatsoever, there's no play, bumping or sliding or noise. So again, no noticeable chucking.
No, you are not full of it. The guy (96) has no idea what he is talking about. His only interest in this thread is because he has a personal vendetta against anderson hitches. He has never owned one, never pulled with one and appears has never even pulled a gooseneck based on his every hitch chucks comment.

Because his hitch chucks, all hitches chuck. Because the dirt under his feet is flat, the earth is flat. He just hates anderson hitches, I am thinking something extramarital happened.
Old 04-09-2018, 02:54 PM   #69

yep

Another forum board I belong to has a couple of fellas w that can do nothing but bad mouth the Andersen and yes they don`t own one or has never pulled with one so it`s not excusive to this thread or board. Really this is becoming entertaining. So I think Scoobert`s right it must be lack of affection or medication for some or they want to be akin to the truckers and feel they need a coupler type hitch yah know like 10-4 good buddy.
I still contend that your wonder hitch (insert brand here) has cause more damage to campers and truck beds than both the pyramid hitches and will continue to do so.
Closed Thread

Tags
fifth wheel