Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-01-2019, 06:10 PM   #15

Grand Design even sponsors at least one couple that full-time in their Solitude. They post on social media about their adventures.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-02-2019, 05:59 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natebert View Post
Does this answer the question?

The tag line reads - "Full Time Living With You For The Long Haul"

https://www.granddesignrv.com/why-gdrv/full-time-living

And did you bother to read the rest of the paragraph?

"Many retirees are finding that life can be restrictive in a home designed for full time living. Grand Design RV offers a complete line of Extended Stay vehicles designed to remedy this issue. Numerous camping resorts in the USA and Canada now offer versatile Extended Stay plans. Because of this, many Grand Design RV owners are enjoying our products as a part-time “second home”. They find it considerably more affordable than a condo or small house and much more versatile because they can park it in superb locations and move it whenever they please.

All our Fifth Wheels and Travel Trailers are “Extended Stay Approved”. This means that we have engineered them with many of the residential-style qualities found in a fine home. To this end, we have created spacious open living areas and appointed them with extra large windows, large refrigerators, walk in closets, large queen/king beds and many other home-like amenities."

Again, what anyone chooses to live in is their business. I was simply pointing out that they DO NOT label their product for Full-Time living as other manufacturers do, and I, personally, would take this into consideration when choosing an RV I was planning on residing in year round. I'm not bashing their products, I just went and looked at a Solitude myself about two weeks ago as we do our research on what to buy. But there is a definite difference in build, finish, and quality between their product and say, a Landmark 365, a Redwood, or a VanLeigh.
Dropthejacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 09:53 AM   #17

I have had my 2017 303 RLS for 2.5 years. Bought it new and had minor warranty 2 times. Both without any issues. The first was to take care of a few minor things and the second was for a few items before the warranty was up. I have lived in my FT from the beginning and love it. Though, I still have 5 years to retirement I have chosen to live in mine for cost issues in the Seattle area. To buy a home is not worth the price to pay for it and rent is extremely too high. Both cases would cost 2 to 3 times what I pay for spot rent. This is my 5th RV and my first new buy. I would not hesitate to buy another GD product and like all moving homes things break, come loose, and wear out.

Find the floor plan you like, make sure your RV is solid, like your dealer, hook-up and go have fun.
Go Dawgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 05:23 PM   #18

We started with a 2016 Grand Design Reflection 318RST 5th wheel and upgraded to a larger 2019 Grand Design Solitude 373FB-R two months ago. We spent five months each winter in the Reflection and had no issues with it. The Solitude has been just as reliable although we've only been in it for two months so far. All the systems in the Solitude are nicer than our Reflection and we love the floor plan and extra space it provides.

I wouldn't hesitate to buy another one.
bertschb is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
grand design rv, reflection