Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-08-2017, 07:40 PM   #15

I put a post in the toy hauler section titled the first trip. We are very satisfied with the manufacturer and the toy hauler. All have some issues to start but I feel like the overall quality is very good.
Whcopland is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-11-2017, 05:36 PM   #16

KZ RV Club
2017 KZ Durango Gold G353RKT

We just traded our 2006 32' Newmar Cypress for a 2017 KZ Montana Gold G353RKT. We agonized over the KZ and the similar sized Keystone Montana High Country. The Montana was only slightly prettier, but lacked the options the KZ had at a competitive price. Hope we chose wisely. Our old Newmar was a great 5th wheel, never a problem, so we've been spoiled.
Supertoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 09:48 AM   #17

KZ RV Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supertoft View Post
We just traded our 2006 32' Newmar Cypress for a 2017 KZ Gold G353RKT. We agonized over the KZ and the similar sized Keystone Montana High Country. The Montana was only slightly prettier, but lacked the options the KZ had at a competitive price. Hope we chose wisely. Our old Newmar was a great 5th wheel, never a problem, so we've been spoiled.

We bought a G384RLT this year, really like the 5th wheel, like you we looked at Montana's but the Kz had many more options at a better price

We also live in Washington State off I-5 exit 88

Safe Travels & Don't forget about the Kz Rally this Summer
Old 05-23-2017, 05:48 PM   #18

KZ RV Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supertoft View Post
We just traded our 2006 32' Newmar Cypress for a 2017 KZ Montana Gold G353RKT. We agonized over the KZ and the similar sized Keystone Montana High Country. The Montana was only slightly prettier, but lacked the options the KZ had at a competitive price. Hope we chose wisely. Our old Newmar was a great 5th wheel, never a problem, so we've been spoiled.
Think Supertoft's fingers got ahead of him.
I have a 17 Durago Gold 353RKT and it's been a great unit. Traded a 2014 Jayco Eagle and the Durango is by far better quality. I belong to a KZ forum and so far the only common issue seems to be heater ducks off at the heater. Simple fix for a DYI. I unloaded the Jayco into the KZ and it looks empty, way more basement. Dry weights listed at 11090 and it pulls great behind my F250SD 7.3.
Edd505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 07:19 PM   #19

Question KZ E191BH vs. Micro Minnie 1700 BH

I'm a newbie here and trying to decide between the two RV's mentioned above.
I've heard great things about the Winnebago Micro Minnie. Great insulation for cold nights, pulls well and overall great product.
I'm not familiar with the KZ. Insulation is one of the things I would like more info on, we are in Maryland and it can get chilly. I do like the size better for the KZ. I just don't want to get something that will be trouble in the near future. It's just me and the three boys.

Any insight would be helpful. TIA!
calvearchin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 08:15 AM   #20

KZ RV Club
Lol, you are right. It's a KZ Durango Gold, not a Montana. We looked at so many rigs, we almost went blind. We will look at our ducts, they worked on our shakedown camping trip. We live on the Kitsap peninsula and plan to go down around Oregon in a few weeks.
Supertoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 08:27 AM   #21
Dfb

We had Kz and now a 2015 Montana... before Thor bought kz, the kz is much better quality...
Dfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 06:39 AM   #22

KZ RV Club
Supertoft,

You should buddy-up with ChuckV1 and caravan to the Rally this summer!
jetzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 11:51 AM   #23

Looking at 2017 KZ RV DURANGO® GOLD G381REF.

You guys with the KZ 5ers--are you happy with the hydraulic slide out mechanisms & auto levelers?
chaps2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 12:27 PM   #24

I had an 05 KZ Sportsman toy hauler. It was a 37 ft - three slides - 10 ft garage. We had it about 7 years.

I hauled a couple of different Harley Ultraglides. I had a Wheeldock chock, which I highly recommend (https://wheeldock.com/)

My KZ had a fueling station (I think it held 20 - 24 gallons). The 5K Onan generator was fueled by this tank also.

The modifications I made was changing out the pin box to a Trailair pin box and adding a second roof air unit in the bedroom.

The only problems I ever had had nothing to do with the trailer... had a slide-out switch go bad and had a few problems with the generator, which probably had more to do with my negligence than the generator.

A toy hauler is a nice way to haul the toys, if you don't mind giving up some of the living area for garage space.
TRebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 06:27 AM   #25

KZ RV Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjlakatos View Post
Looking at 2017 KZ RV DURANGO® GOLD G381REF.

You guys with the KZ 5ers--are you happy with the hydraulic slide out mechanisms & auto levelers?
So Far so good. No problems at all. The DW and I have had RV since 1984 and a Montana 5th wheel for the last 13 years it was a pretty good trailer overall but so far can't compare with the Durango Gold for build and luxury. The Durango also seems to be much better thought out as far as storage is concerned, which for part timers and full timers alike is a necessity. For it's price point it is the best built, best equipped 5th wheel on the market.
jetzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 12:00 PM   #26

KZ RV Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetzen View Post
So Far so good. No problems at all. The DW and I have had RV since 1984 and a Montana 5th wheel for the last 13 years it was a pretty good trailer overall but so far can't compare with the Durango Gold for build and luxury. The Durango also seems to be much better thought out as far as storage is concerned, which for part timers and full timers alike is a necessity. For it's price point it is the best built, best equipped 5th wheel on the market.
+1 the build is great and all issues to date have been with installed equipment, TV booster bad, problem with oven temperature, none are made by KZ.
Edd505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 10:11 PM   #27

KZ RV Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edd505 View Post
+1 the build is great and all issues to date have been with installed equipment, TV booster bad, problem with oven temperature, none are made by KZ.
We have not had any problems with our hydraulics so far except learning
how to operate them

The DW and I looked at a number of different Montana's but didn't like the layout and dark colors in most of them... The dealer we bought our Kz G384 FLT Duarango Gold from also had Montana's so we got a very good look at
many, the moment we walked into out now Kz 384 we were sold, tons or room, light colors and well built, no press board anywhere and the underbelly has a tom of insulation along with the heated storages area sold us
Old 12-05-2017, 06:57 PM   #28

KZ RV Club
Kz 384RLT 11 month review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckV1 View Post
We have not had any problems with our hydraulics so far except learning
how to operate them

The DW and I looked at a number of different Montana's but didn't like the layout and dark colors in most of them... The dealer we bought our Kz G384 FLT Duarango Gold from also had Montana's so we got a very good look at
many, the moment we walked into out now Kz 384 we were sold, tons or room, light colors and well built, no press board anywhere and the underbelly has a tom of insulation along with the heated storages area sold us
After 11 months we are still very happy with our choice of the Kz 384RLT, we have over 11 states an 9000 miles now on the trailer and have had only problems like Edd with equipment put into the trailer an not the trailer it's self (knock on wood).

The trailer still pulls better than our old 33ft Coachmen 5th wheel an has tons of room. I am still a little unsure of the leveling system but have for the most part got it down, slides seem to work pretty well with no hickups on either the slide or leveling system . We like the MorRyde steps an they work well, we did have to put some panels in-between the steps so our Great Dane would not put his foot though the steps but the still are light an work well for us

We are pretty happy campers after 11 months, we will see what next year brings since we will be putting on another 9k miles again

Safe travels to all

Tags
kz-rv