Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-16-2016, 11:10 PM   #1

Ardon 1978 5th wheel

Trying to find any info on this 5th wheel, can't find any info on Internet .
Help ?
Wshazbot62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-17-2016, 12:45 AM   #2

Welcome to iRV2.

Was Ardon a model name , or a manufacturer's name?

1978 was before the internet , and if the manufacturer went out of business in the 80's ; as many did; there may not be anything out there.
Are you after info on appliances or the unit as a whole.
Old 05-17-2016, 11:40 PM   #3

Just info

All I was told is the yr and that name Ardon and its 40ft with a slide out, I wanted to try and get any info on it I can. To get an idea if I'm interested, I'm not able to see it until this weekend.
So, like to know what the floor plan etc and I was shocked to hear it has a slide out. Just anything I can find out about it ahead of time, maybe it's not worth my time/gas etc. Just be nice to know more about it,
Old 05-18-2016, 05:05 AM   #4

From NADA, it looks like 1978 was their last year of production. The last 5er listed is 1977.

http://www.nadaguides.com/RVs/1977/Ardon
Old 05-18-2016, 10:18 AM   #5

That's all I could find too

That's the only site that came up, it still doesn't show this model/year. With a slide out, non of the ones listed had a slide out. I'm so confused, I was shown one pict. And it says Ardon on the trailer, other then that I can't see anything.
I thought you should be able to find info on almost anything on the Internet !
Guess not, I still can't believe there's no where to get info on this trailer.
Thanks for the help !
Old 05-18-2016, 10:45 AM   #6

I wouldn't get hung up on the model year. In the past, and maybe even now, some states use the year of first sale as the year of manufacture, especially for non-motorized units. It is possible for your 5er to have been built in '77 but sold and titled in '78. It is also possible for the NADA data to be incorrect and/or incomplete.
Old 05-18-2016, 11:50 AM   #7

The Ardon had a tip out, not a slide out.
RMag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 04:20 AM   #8

Only know what I was told

Tip out/slide out . The person I'm talking to about getting it, has no info on it either. The owner abandon it, so the property owner just wants it gone.
That's why there's no info, the property owner doesn't know anything other then what he sees written on the trailer.
I'm giving you all the info I'm being given, he said come by push in the slide out and your good to go. I was shocked to hear a trailer that old even had anything like that, it figures the Co doesn't make them anymore . And it's just my luck, it was built before Internet came along.
Thanks for all your help, have a feeling it's not going to be worth my time etc.
Old 05-19-2016, 04:47 AM   #9

They are probably giving it away to avoid the hassle and expense of disposing of it. At 40-years old, I would only bother with an Airstream.
Old 05-19-2016, 08:48 AM   #10

Might be worth looking at if your just wanting a trailer frame to develop into a usable utility trailer. That would depend on condition and how well the frame was made. I would love to see a video of it pulled between 2 trees with a chain raking the whole top off down to the frame.

If you had any distance to go, and you decided to try it, I wouldn't do it without new tires, wheel bearings, brakes, and even new wires to the brakes. Something tells me that we're not going to get a pic of this thing.
charliez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 10:24 PM   #11

I think I'm scared now

Knowing the age, ya I'm a little hesitant . I'm also desperate for a place for my son to live, doesn't need to be luxury. But decent enough to live in, the owner said they sent Picts. But I didn't get any, and I told him I didn't and please send them again. No response , there was an RV free the other day that was in prestine condition . But it was too small, and gone an 1/2 hr after posting.
They come up a lot, sometimes good sometimes bad. Really starting to think I should pass on this one, it's about 50+ miles from me. All highway, nice roads.
But still, is it worth using my one chance at a friend willing to help me move a 5th wheel ? I've got until end of summer to find something livable, and were in snow country. So it has to be warm, I don't have $$ to rebuild it.

Thanks for all your advice, ever hear of anything in Shasta county Ca I'm all ears.
Deborah

Tags
5th wheel