Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-10-2005, 02:51 PM   #1

We purchased a 2005 Alpenlite Portafino 36' villa 5th wheel trailer. Owners card #35335. We are very unhappy with Western Recreational Vehicles Alpenlite, their dealers and all their employees. We have several things wrong - the gel coat on the outside has bubbles both sides where the decals are, the header above the cabinets on the inside is all wrinkled throughout the trailer. No one explained anything to us, I know this is RV peddlers in Yuma, AZ, fault, but I can't get any help up here in WA. I have no books or literature on TV, operation of the sound system, nothing at all on microwave/convection oven, nor the refrigerator. Plus many more problems with the inside. We were told in Yuma to bring the trailer to the factory in Yakima, WA by Dave Kampi. We've called the factory several times now, they said they'd do the work on the trailer by day, put it outside the gate at night for us. What are we supposed to do all day? Sit on a park bench? We asked nicely to be put up in a motel because the work will take 2+ weeks. They said NO. The way things stand now, we are to take the trailer back to Yuma, Phil said they'd pick it up there, bring it to Yakima, and after the work is done, deliver the trailer back to Yuma. only then would we be able to approve/disapprove the work. At this time I'm very leary. Does hauling the trailer back/forth make any sense to you? Plus the wear/tear. When we came up, the bedroom slide didn't work, nor the sound system, TV's plus the awning. The factory told us to go to RV USA in S. Everett, WA, as they are an Alpenlite dealer. He said he'd do the work (or look at it) for $99/hour from us. Now remember the trailer is brand new and under full warranty. We looked at the guy, then he ordered us off the lot, stating "I don't have to do anything for you and I won't". We then took the trailer to Holiday Motorhomes in S. Everett. They were very nice and understanding. They found the problem, ordered the part and put it in the next day. Everyone there was very cooperative. We are both senior citizens and think this is very poor service from the factory. Oh yes, the factory (Dave Kampi) told us when we were in Yuma that they would pay for the fuel if we brought the trailer to Yakima. Now of course that is out the window also. We bought the trailer to have fun and travel all over. We've now lost a whole summer - some fun, huh? We've been trying to get the work done since late 01/05.
Woge is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-10-2005, 02:51 PM   #2

We purchased a 2005 Alpenlite Portafino 36' villa 5th wheel trailer. Owners card #35335. We are very unhappy with Western Recreational Vehicles Alpenlite, their dealers and all their employees. We have several things wrong - the gel coat on the outside has bubbles both sides where the decals are, the header above the cabinets on the inside is all wrinkled throughout the trailer. No one explained anything to us, I know this is RV peddlers in Yuma, AZ, fault, but I can't get any help up here in WA. I have no books or literature on TV, operation of the sound system, nothing at all on microwave/convection oven, nor the refrigerator. Plus many more problems with the inside. We were told in Yuma to bring the trailer to the factory in Yakima, WA by Dave Kampi. We've called the factory several times now, they said they'd do the work on the trailer by day, put it outside the gate at night for us. What are we supposed to do all day? Sit on a park bench? We asked nicely to be put up in a motel because the work will take 2+ weeks. They said NO. The way things stand now, we are to take the trailer back to Yuma, Phil said they'd pick it up there, bring it to Yakima, and after the work is done, deliver the trailer back to Yuma. only then would we be able to approve/disapprove the work. At this time I'm very leary. Does hauling the trailer back/forth make any sense to you? Plus the wear/tear. When we came up, the bedroom slide didn't work, nor the sound system, TV's plus the awning. The factory told us to go to RV USA in S. Everett, WA, as they are an Alpenlite dealer. He said he'd do the work (or look at it) for $99/hour from us. Now remember the trailer is brand new and under full warranty. We looked at the guy, then he ordered us off the lot, stating "I don't have to do anything for you and I won't". We then took the trailer to Holiday Motorhomes in S. Everett. They were very nice and understanding. They found the problem, ordered the part and put it in the next day. Everyone there was very cooperative. We are both senior citizens and think this is very poor service from the factory. Oh yes, the factory (Dave Kampi) told us when we were in Yuma that they would pay for the fuel if we brought the trailer to Yakima. Now of course that is out the window also. We bought the trailer to have fun and travel all over. We've now lost a whole summer - some fun, huh? We've been trying to get the work done since late 01/05.
Woge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 05:36 AM   #3

I would approach the dealer, the manufacturer and then the state attorney generals in both the states in which you purchased the unit and where it was fabricated. If you read Trailer Life magazine, you might contact their hotline or what ever they call the column that helps resolve problems.

Best of luck.

Frank
Frank P. is offline   Reply With Quote