Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-05-2014, 05:29 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmerik1 View Post
Price has nothing to do with quality. As an example, my son has a 2013 Mercedes C350, that has been in the dealership garage 41 times already. The point is each brand will have problems. Maybe not buying them is an answer, but what then? When prices soar where do we go? I read about people allowing their sinks to overflow, because they didn't know about the 3rd valve. What??? These valves have been mostly in the same place on my last two trailers. Again, over flowing sink is not a manufacturer problem. Why didn't the dealership explain the operation, or maybe they did and the owners didn't catch it. I have contacted and spoken at great length with manufacturers, and they all seem to understand our issues. Whether they can correct all of them to everyone's satisfaction is to be seen. If we are to listen to all the different brand owners, there are no worthwhile rigs out there.
I care to disagree with your last statement. My Teton, according to the original owner, only warranty issue was a loose fridge easily corrected. Everything is original in it except the washing machine and the surround sound receiver. I upgraded tv. Original still worked. Roof was replaced due to a tree limb. But this manufacturer is out of business due to less money units flooding market.
2003 Teton Grand Freedom. 2006 Freightliner Century 120 with Detroit 14L and Ultrashift.2016 Smartcar carry on deck. Full time going from job to job. Building and maintaining plants across the USA. Sold 2006 Mobile Suites 32TK3
glennwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-05-2014, 05:45 PM   #16

Met a camper that traded his Teton when a failed slide motor was going to cost him $3500. He told me he had 3 more that could fail. Parts are extremely hard to find now as they are no longer supported. The part needed to be manufactured special.
Old 04-05-2014, 06:24 PM   #17

He was badly mislead. Motors don't cost like that. But any orphan company will be this way. What I'm getting at they just had to go out of business due to people buying cheap units. Quality control was high with Teton and it came at a price. This has been lost now due to mass production. And if you kick a Teton you have never been in one. They are one of the best and nicest 5thers ever manufactured. by the way, slide outs are hydraulics. one motor and pump.
2003 Teton Grand Freedom. 2006 Freightliner Century 120 with Detroit 14L and Ultrashift.2016 Smartcar carry on deck. Full time going from job to job. Building and maintaining plants across the USA. Sold 2006 Mobile Suites 32TK3
glennwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 05:18 PM   #18

Thank you al for your comments. We have two new trailers prior to the Bay Hill. Neither of them had any where near the issues this one has. In fact, between all of our RV we have nit had the problems we've had with the Bay Hill.

I agree with the post that states this is a quality control issue. Many of our situation should be taken care of at the factory. As for the tankless water heater, it came from the factory with the wrong switch and even after all of the suggestions everyone has posted, we still can not get the hot water to stay hot. The dealer says, oh it was hot when we tried it. But... they were not taking a shower. When we get home I'm speaking with the general manager and requesting the tankless system be replaced with a hot water tank system. If no success i guess that;s what consumer products reporters are for. The one power the consumer has, especially with social media, is the ability to make a lot of waves with a negative message.
Slcfreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 01:32 PM   #19

We'll at least you made it home with yours. We bought ours from a dealer 3 1/2 hours from home and about 1/2 way home the window hinge broke causing it to flap in the wind. So we called dealer and they couldn't help us so we found gas station ,unhooked camper, went to lowes and got duct tape and fixed it enough to get it to the next dealership to fix. Well they had to order window. This was July 6. It is now September 3 and they still do not have it fixed. They have has parts for a couple of weeks. Do not ever take your Rv to a dealership that you did not buy it from because they simply do not care about you nor your problems
Greengo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 08:28 PM   #20

Greengo1,
Read your story, man that is rough. A lot of money and you can't even get it home. Did you contact the manufacture. You should see If you could get Evergreen involved and get it fixed. There has to be a local rep in Texas that can do something. I would be calling them every day until they did. Sorry your having so much trouble right out the gate. Hope it all goes well after you get it fixed.
KerrTx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 11:52 PM   #21

Greengo...I actually contacted the dealer where your Bay Hill and wrote them a scouring note. The owner replied to me...which .says something, but he just said they were working "late" to get your repairs made. Part of the problem is most dealers work to get "their" customers taken care of first. It's not right, but that reality. With that said what was the main reason you couldn't take it back to United RV?
What made you choose United RV? There's many more "better" Bay Hill dealers than them anyway...just have to ask.
I hope you get your rig out soon...and hopefully if AGO is decent dealer they did all the repairs correctly.
suprdave1958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 02:26 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmerik1 View Post
Price has nothing to do with quality. As an example, my son has a 2013 Mercedes C350, that has been in the dealership garage 41 times already..
The C class is a lower end benz and known for issues. We have had much better experiences with the S class. Very different vehicles. Price has a lot to do with quality in many cases.
Old 09-07-2015, 06:18 AM   #23

Evergreen Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slcfreedom View Post
Thank you al for your comments. We have two new trailers prior to the Bay Hill. Neither of them had any where near the issues this one has. In fact, between all of our RV we have nit had the problems we've had with the Bay Hill.

I agree with the post that states this is a quality control issue. Many of our situation should be taken care of at the factory. As for the tankless water heater, it came from the factory with the wrong switch and even after all of the suggestions everyone has posted, we still can not get the hot water to stay hot. The dealer says, oh it was hot when we tried it. But... they were not taking a shower. When we get home I'm speaking with the general manager and requesting the tankless system be replaced with a hot water tank system. If no success i guess that;s what consumer products reporters are for. The one power the consumer has, especially with social media, is the ability to make a lot of waves with a negative message.
I have read that the problems a lot of people have with the tankless is the fact that there is still air in some of the water lines which acts just like a small pressure tank would. Have you checked the washer/dryer prep lines to make sure they are filled with water and not air?
schrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 07:07 AM   #24

Tankless water heater

Our unit has the Atwood brand. I was really hating it at first, and asked that it be replaced with a standard heater. Then I spoke with a knowledgable service man. First, I removed the plastic aereators from the shower and all faucets . That did prove the performance, but still not adequate. Next, I went to the Home Depot and bought several different pressure reducers. After experimenting with them I found the Watts was perfect. It reduces the pressure to 50 PSI, is adjustable, and does not restrict water flow. As you can guess I'm retired with nothing but time 😄 Now I can take 30 min. showers, run the dish washer, and never run out of water. Oh, and to the reply that a C350 coupe is a bargain Mercedes. I wish I had your money and you had more.
jmerik1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 10:29 AM   #25

Yes, I did fill the washer lines with water. Since my last post the overall situation has only gotten worse. Springs on both sides broke. It took 5 months in the shop to get it back. I asked Evergreen to extend the warranty by 5 months and they refused. They said they replaced a tire and that was good enough. The tires wore because the springs failed and the frame rubbed on the tires. But somehow that is my problem because I bought a poor quality 5th wheel. There is no customer service at Evergreen nor the dealer.

The skirting around the bottom of the outside of the trailer are all popping lose from the mounting screws. Outside porch light shorts out. I could go on and on with the defects, both large and small with this 5th wheel .

Every time we use it something else goes wrong. My only choice is to park it until I can save up enough money to trade this one off and get another 5th wheel.
Slcfreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 11:03 AM   #26

Evergreen Owners Club
Slcfreedom---this sounds very strange to me. Whom did you talk to at Evergreen. Did you deal with customer service at Bay Hill or were you at corporate headquarters. What model do you have? I believe if you talk to the right person at Bay Hill you will get results. I don't think your dealer is really working for you.
Old 09-14-2015, 05:32 PM   #27

Evergreen Owners Club
Any news?
Old 09-15-2015, 04:11 AM   #28

Bay Hill Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by txswick View Post
Are there any Bay Hill fifth wheel owners
with a short bed tow vehicle? Also any reviews for Bay Hill?
I started a thread when I was looking at a Bay Hill.
You might find what your looking for under the thread Evergreen Bay Hill ? in this group. Good luck.