Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-11-2017, 09:42 AM   #43
mre

Price no object -- New Horizons

Price an object -- Arctic Fox
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-17-2017, 10:26 PM   #44

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Re: Best 5th wheel manufacturer

The best one is the one you buy!
We have been camping for 35+ years, been through a few trailers and spent the last 3 years shopping for new one.
As someone mentioned, look at Northwood Manufacturing. Their sister company is Outdoor RV in Oregon, with the Glacier Peak being their 5'r line. That's what we ended up with after shopping till I wore out our shoes. They are not perfect, but they aren't a hunert-thousand bucks either. Look far beyond the glitz and check construction quality. As an example, they run 16" tires, frames specifically made (not by Lippert) for each model, bracing on the frame by spring shackels, shock absorbers, drilled and screwed joints, bigger appliances, higher-end appliances etc. It goes on and on.
Having said that though, they didn't have a floorplan that we really loved, but the quality we wanted wasn't found in anything else in the price range.
Have a look....might be for you, might not.
altaclipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 07:55 AM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by ed rzepka View Post
Price no object -- New Horizons

Price an object -- Arctic Fox
Just my 2 cents here. We have been full timing for 8 years now and we have a Hitch hiker Champagne. NuWa is no longer manufacturing. Full time living is a small market. I would look at DRV. Heartland, New horizons, Spacecraft if you want full time. Also shop used. We found ours on a consignment lot at 2 years old. The first owner had it built to go full timing for 2 years and then quit.
Lastly I would recommend that you know what you are going to do with it and where you are going to tow it so you can size your tow vehicle. That will start many debates also. As you can see by my picture I have an HDT. The heavier the 5er the more truck you will need to be safe.

Brad
bddadles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 02:55 PM   #46

Everyone is right, mostly. The one you like is the best one for each of us. Wife and I just bought a Montana 3730FL, and we love it, In spite of all brake assemblies being replaced as we speak. Two of them (on the same side) came apart inside the drum. Good thing I didn't know about it, I would have been more cautious for the rest of the day instead of blasting on home!

We are hoping that Keystone makes it good, and soon. But we still love it!
Grzly03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 06:20 AM   #47

what about cedar creek I was looking at them myself they seem to have good build quality????
barr0208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 07:15 AM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by barr0208 View Post
what about cedar creek I was looking at them myself they seem to have good build quality????
We had a Cedar Creek and really did like it, was it problem free? No but the factory did fix major issues we had, we now traded it in on the new River Stone Legacy. Check out the Forest River Owners forum for a lot of info, both good & bad on the Cedar Creeks
dblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 07:59 AM   #49

Jayco Owners Club
I read somewhere that 4 of 5 rv's company's are owned by 1 of 2 big company's. We got a family made one (jayco) before they sold out to Thor. Ive looked at a lot of stuff went to rv shows and unless you want to spend mega $ they are about the same. Same stoves, faucets, showers, locks, sofas. The only thing that changes is decor. I think look for the steal of a deal. Some dealers are sitting on new one but 2 years old. Take your time. Enjoy the experience and remember cash talks.
djnott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 02:40 PM   #50

We have a Cedar Creek and we love it, wish it was bigger sometimes
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 02:49 PM   #51

Best 5th wheel made that's easy Teton. Had one for 14 years looked as good on the inside the day I traded it 3/3/17 as when new.
MTK46 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
5th wheel