Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-21-2019, 07:31 AM   #1

Best model for parking on vacation property

Hi, been reading some good stuff here so decided to join in.
Hoping for some direction. I have owned several RV's over the years so have some knowledge of them. Never owned a 5th wheel but I am thinking of buying a used one for my vacation property. A polar / 4 season would be preferred and as long as I can get it with rear living. I was looking at a nice 2005 CEDARCREEK 37 RDQS
I was wondering if a big 5th wheel like this would be better for stationary purposes vs a park model RV like a destination or if there may be a better cottage type feel model to look at. Many thanks
Fishbones is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-21-2019, 08:43 PM   #2

If I was going to have a stationary camper on vacation property, I would be looking at one of the larger premium travel trailers. They are often just about the same floorplan as a fifth wheel but without the steps. And they are available at prices on the used market far less than what you'd have to pay for a fifth wheel.
Bamaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 07:29 PM   #3
Community Moderator

Monaco Owners Club
The biggest bonus to a 5er is the ease of pulling and setup. If I was permanent I certainly would want to avoid all the steps. I agree with a quality TT.
Spdracr39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 06:45 AM   #4

Thanks for the reply's.
I have been looking at the 3-4 slide TT and they are pretty pricey and I cant find the layout I want within my price range. I then started looking at used park models but they are not built nearly as good as a 5th wheel, most are stick built not aluminum etc. I am going to look at a 2007 montana 3500RL today, perfect layout, polar package, Washer Dryer combo etc and I can get it for 9K. Only down side is I cant move it around on my property but think I found a tow dolly for 1k which I may pick up.
Fishbones is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cat