Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-07-2022, 01:48 PM   #1

Best RV Repair Centers in the US for DRV Mobile Suites

Hello,
Does anyone have suggestions for the best RV Repair Centers for DRV Mobile Suites specifically.
Any suggestions would be extremely helpful.
Thank you!
Chris and Laura
ChrisLauraGO is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-07-2022, 03:34 PM   #2

RV's For Less in Knoxville Tn
Rolling Retreats in Ok
Whiskey Mountain RV near Phoenix Az

Those are the only ones that I would trust. But there is a waiting list, and their clients come first. Join the DRV Facebook group and contact Alicia at RR.
Old 08-07-2022, 05:47 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
Had several DRV owners tell me about Rolling Retreats in Oklahoma.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2022, 03:09 AM   #4

Educate me please. What is so specific about a DRV that it needs a particular shop?
Old 08-08-2022, 11:02 PM   #5

No personal experience, but have heard good things about Cross RV.
Certified DRV repair facility, also other brands.

https://www.crossrv.com/service-repa...rship--service

30 miles from Elkhart.

Tim
Old 08-09-2022, 07:31 AM   #6

Forest River Owners Club
RV's For Less in Knoxville Tn
Rolling Retreats in Ok
Whiskey Mountain RV near Phoenix Az
Cross rv near Elkhart ID
Urban350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2022, 06:48 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toby Dog View Post
Educate me please. What is so specific about a DRV that it needs a particular shop?
Nothing in particular... But DRV's have known issues and if you use a shop that has previous experience in diagnosing and repairing those issues, it's much easier. You can call those listed and say you have the XYZ issue and they know exactly what is wrong, what supplies are needed, and who long to schedule you for.
Old 12-15-2022, 09:59 PM   #8

Thor Owners Club
New Horizons Owners Club
We take our DRV to KS RV Center in Chanute, KS. They used to manufacture and sell NUWA Hitchhiker which they stopped making, then started selling DRVs and a few other manufacturers, stopped doing that when the CEO retired and sold out to one of the employees (Daryl Dennis). Now they are strictly service. Rolling Retreats is also excellent service but hard to get in quickly. KS RV Center has done excellent work for us and highly recommend.
kvonfeldt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2022, 09:58 PM   #9

I've personally used Bennetts in Granbury, Texas - simple slide out work, great service. Also used Whiskey Mountain...can't say the experience was great. It was average, I would not go out of my way to use them. Have met Alicia, co-owner of Rolling Retreats, and feel that they would do well for service. They are highly recommended in the DRV circles. They are in Oklahoma. RV's for Less in TN is also highly recommended, but I have zero experience with them.

Personally, I started in a Cedar Creek, and still use one of their top recommended shops for service - Amish Family RV, in Topeka Indiana. Good service, good work and great prices.

With that being said, I do most of my own work.
aknavy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2022, 04:01 PM   #10

Robert Crist - Mesa

We purchased our DRV at Robert Crist in Mesa, AZ. I have been very happy with their service.
Our macerator toilet needed two parts and they got that done.
I did not care for the clearance the factory pinbox provided and the service manager called around to Lippert, DRV corporate and recommended a Gen Y hitch - which i was very happy to have installed. After the hitch was installed, late Friday pm and I hooked up to our truck - the B&W hitch was to high with the Gen Y. Two guys on their own time fixed our B&W hitch. (I did tip them $$)
The service team is very knowlegable about DRV's.

P.s. The Gen-Y fifth wheel hitch sure provides a very smooth ride. I can't recall one instance of chucking either.
Old 12-25-2022, 12:34 PM   #11

There are no good RV repair centers. Even the good ones maintain a "standard" that is well below the automotive industry, and that one is not always perfect either.
'20 RAM 3500, '20 Heartland Road Warrior 430 https://thecastle.blog/ Also: Eagle Cap 950 Before:'17 Berkshire 38A class A https://dragonship.blog/ '11 Heartland Cyclone TH, '11 Lance TC, '05 Keystone TT, '76 Coachmen class A and a '16 DIY Transit conversion........
oscarvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2022, 09:26 PM   #12

Thor Owners Club
New Horizons Owners Club
You are very lucky. I had to have extended warranty work done while we were in Arizona and took it to Robert Crist in Mesa. Worst experience we have ever had. They completed the work, not before breaking my exterior steps and finding 2" of water in my rig when we went to pick our rig up. Any time we talked to the supervisor about anything on our rig, we were charged for his time. I would never recommend anyone go to Robert Crist for anything, be it a purchase or service!
kvonfeldt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2022, 10:46 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvonfeldt View Post
You are very lucky. I had to have extended warranty work done while we were in Arizona and took it to Robert Crist in Mesa. Worst experience we have ever had. They completed the work, not before breaking my exterior steps and finding 2" of water in my rig when we went to pick our rig up. Any time we talked to the supervisor about anything on our rig, we were charged for his time. I would never recommend anyone go to Robert Crist for anything, be it a purchase or service!
To a lesser or greater extent they are ALL like that.
'20 RAM 3500, '20 Heartland Road Warrior 430 https://thecastle.blog/ Also: Eagle Cap 950 Before:'17 Berkshire 38A class A https://dragonship.blog/ '11 Heartland Cyclone TH, '11 Lance TC, '05 Keystone TT, '76 Coachmen class A and a '16 DIY Transit conversion........
oscarvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2023, 10:48 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by aknavy View Post
I've personally used Bennetts in Granbury, Texas - simple slide out work, great service. Also used Whiskey Mountain...can't say the experience was great. It was average, I would not go out of my way to use them. Have met Alicia, co-owner of Rolling Retreats, and feel that they would do well for service. They are highly recommended in the DRV circles. They are in Oklahoma. RV's for Less in TN is also highly recommended, but I have zero experience with them.

Personally, I started in a Cedar Creek, and still use one of their top recommended shops for service - Amish Family RV, in Topeka Indiana. Good service, good work and great prices.

With that being said, I do most of my own work.
Can you be specific regarding Whiskey River? I was impressed with Barry picking up my call & talking to me at length on a Saturday & also following up me. Whereas RR Paige knew very little &:suggested a unit double the price then Alicia was helpful... BUT crickets... no text, no email... turn off

RR videos point out microwave, sofas, TV, fireplace -- �� DUH They don't say it's convection, leather or vinyl, smart TV... details like quartz, solid wood.... materials used nor anything special nor useful.
Blackwater is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
air, repair