Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-01-2021, 09:17 PM   #1

Better steps

can't stand my 3 step into 5th wheel(3 months to date)

see many newer models in RV camp that have stairs(4 step) to ground with leg to extent to said ground

I have 30" opening on my newmar cypress 2008

what installation considerations/brands

thanks for help
1st year in it so I'm upgrading in anticipation
fischer76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-01-2021, 10:05 PM   #2
JDT

Tork Lift makes a really good step that has adjustable bracing on the bottom step. We have the type that folds up into our door and it has 5 steps but I would think yours is the traditional type that folds into an opening below your door. You would just have to make sure to find one that fits.
JDT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2021, 10:53 PM   #3

I like the Torklift Glowstep itís really solid and fits in the same classic package. With the Lippert Solidstep you need way too much room to deploy them. I wouldnít even be able to get into my camper when parked beside my house with Solidstep.
NewBlackDak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 08:53 AM   #4

I got a Kountry Star FW and I install the Glowstep years ago and I don't look back at all very good steps and easy to install on Newmar FW.
buc1908 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 08:56 AM   #5

Another vote for Torklift steps ! We love how sturdy they are and the fact that they fit right into the original space. Plus they can easily be deployed in a tight parking spot, lots of height and depth adjustment available. One of our favorite upgrades
jlsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 09:08 AM   #6

Another Torklift owner. Very happy with mine, I have the traditional under mount version. After 3 years on the trailer and 15k+ miles going down the road, they look almost brand new. OEMs were hard for my DW to extend or store, she has no problem with the Torklift steps. They are significantly lower in weight than the OEM steps were.
Old 08-02-2021, 11:48 AM   #7

We have the LCI solid steps. Love them for stability, but they are an absolute pain when trying to get into the rig at a rest stop. Some spaces are tight, so trying to fold those stairs down can be cumbersome. I'd second the Glowsteps. If our rig had the step cutout, I'd upgrade ours.
Old 08-02-2021, 12:04 PM   #8
JDT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nlambert View Post
We have the LCI solid steps. Love them for stability, but they are an absolute pain when trying to get into the rig at a rest stop. Some spaces are tight, so trying to fold those stairs down can be cumbersome. I'd second the Glowsteps. If our rig had the step cutout, I'd upgrade ours.

Look at the Tork Lift Uprising. We had the same issue with our MorRyde Step Above, no room to lower them when in our rv garage plus a bit of pain in rest stops. The Uprising stores inside the door like you have now but scissors so they can be used in tight places. Our has 5 steps which makes for shorter height steps but you can use only 4 for temporary stops. We sold the original steps for about half the cost of the Uprising which made it a little less painful.
JDT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 12:31 PM   #9

I've had the Torklift Glowstep Revolution on my last travel trailer and on my current fifth wheel. Yes, they're the most expensive option but it's worth the extra cost. The best and most versatile steps on the market
37driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 10:39 PM   #10

We are going on year 3 with a set of "Porta Steps" by RV-CO.
They are a little more to set up and store, but my wife and myself have knee issues and this item works great for us. Link is Below.

https://rv-co.com/port-a-step.html

Tim

Tags
steps