Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-08-2020, 05:09 PM   #29

Rick what MH do you drive?
Cumminsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-08-2020, 05:11 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flee2thewood View Post
Being that my sister didn't give me too many details, other than describing what their back wheels looked like, as they were slanted outward, and from what the repairs shop told her, they used the "term" broken.

I admit, after posting I thought having more details would have been prudent. And when she gets back from her cruise I can get more details.

Being that it's a ToyHauler, I wouldn't think that it would have "Faux" axles and that the unit was not meant to move.

Thanks for the replies, and as I said. In a week, if she's willing to share details, I'll forward them on. This forum is so great about getting advice, and sharing experiences.
Thanks again...oh and a bad cold has kept me from jumping back on to answer questions. :(
Quote ( If she is willing to share details )????

So your not representing HER?
Seriously???
Your just curious yourself ???

Have her represent herself from now on with the facks if SHE,AS OWNER
WANTS HELP.

1. Axle Fixed ??? Not replaced
2. Hitch front tooo high ???
Causing double weight on rear axle ???

Lots of pictures will be needed if your serious
About Helpful Resources

Not hearsay from your sister.
HJLowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 07:04 PM   #31

Rick, when you don’t have all your facts or at least a simple storyline to follow, you waste members valuable time here that could be better spent complaining about Millennials, Gen-Xers and parking at Cracker Barrel. [emoji28]
Old 01-08-2020, 07:52 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickNC View Post
Rick, when you don’t have all your facts or at least a simple storyline to follow, you waste members valuable time here that could be better spent complaining about Millennials, Gen-Xers and parking at Cracker Barrel. [emoji28]
Dont forget camp fires, rest areas, Walmarts and where to buy Diesel.
HJLowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 08:47 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJLowell View Post
Dont forget camp fires, rest areas, Walmarts and where to buy Diesel.

[emoji106]
Old 01-09-2020, 06:47 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cumminsfan View Post
Rick what MH do you drive?

04 Dynasty
Old 01-09-2020, 06:50 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickNC View Post

Right? So many more important items to discuss than safety.
Old 01-09-2020, 07:35 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ucbyrickg View Post
Right? So many more important items to discuss than safety.
Or we could combine both by debating the benefits of hydrogen in tires.

Again.

Old 01-09-2020, 10:15 AM   #37

Since this seems to be a repeated failure, I'm going to guess broken spring hangars on underweight frame rails repaired by an unqualified metal fabricator and welder.
CIDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 12:37 PM   #38

Sounds like she was trying to haul a bull dozer in the toy hauler. lol
Garyp4951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 12:41 PM   #39

Quote:
Probably right. Believe me, if owned one, I would love camping in it, but they can’t handle much travel without experiencing these issues.

Hummmmmmm......
2007 5th wheel
Traveled weekly for 7 yrs FT loaded just under the GVWR
It is now 13 yrs old and other then some fading from the AZ Sun all's good

Way too big of a 'blanket statement' to hold any validity
Old-Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 03:36 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old-Biscuit View Post
Hummmmmmm......
2007 5th wheel
Traveled weekly for 7 yrs FT loaded just under the GVWR
It is now 13 yrs old and other then some fading from the AZ Sun all's good

Way too big of a 'blanket statement' to hold any validity

Believe me, I love the fact that you have never been on the side of the road, you probably are a better driver than most, and most owners only get out 4 times or less a year and they are engineered well to sit. My response was really an answer to the OP question rather than any sort of disrespect to current owners.

I did say some better than others.

There is no disputing that no one would drive a petroleum powered vehicle built that flimsy, but they get away with it because they should never have passengers.

Now most heavy duty horse trailers and some cargo trailers are engineered for safety but these upgrades are ignored for cost and weight considerations, which both always result in a product that could be better.

Happy camping.
Old 01-09-2020, 08:42 PM   #41

KZ RV Club
Quote:
Believe me, I love the fact that you have never been on the side of the road, you probably are a better driver than most, and most owners only get out 4 times or less a year and they are engineered well to sit. My response was really an answer to the OP question rather than any sort of disrespect to current owners.

I did say some better than others.

There is no disputing that no one would drive a petroleum powered vehicle built that flimsy, but they get away with it because they should never have passengers.

Now most heavy duty horse trailers and some cargo trailers are engineered for safety but these upgrades are ignored for cost and weight considerations, which both always result in a product that could be better.

Happy camping.
Cr@p. Motor homes aren't built a whole lot more robust than a TT or FW. Just saw a YT video of a Jayco MH clipping the back of a semi and it was trashed.

Lyle
Old 01-09-2020, 11:14 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAKnox View Post
Cr@p. Motor homes aren't built a whole lot more robust than a TT or FW. Just saw a YT video of a Jayco MH clipping the back of a semi and it was trashed.

Lyle

Yes, saw that too, very scary. I don’t know of any vehicles that fair well against big rigs. The parts I saw that were trashed were made by Jayco who makes travel trailers, the chassis and engine were probably Ford. That particular motor home is on the lowest end of quality built.

They all serve a specific purpose, but many are built like the Chinese build tools, if you don’t really use it and take care they can last.