Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-05-2011, 01:28 PM   #29

Well I contacted Dometic and got the parts list of all the possible parts that go with this refrigerator. This part does not go to the frig. It must be used elsewhere within the RV. If it is not a kitchen item for the sink, or some other kitchen aid, I am just still dumb struck as to what the heck this thing is. If anyone has seen this item before and knows what it is, please let me know? For now, I am just going to put it in storage until I am educated as to what it is and what it does and where it goes ????? This has to be the stumper of the century for me.
first5thwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-05-2011, 01:40 PM   #30

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
I don't think this has anything to do with your refrigerator.

It looks like something that slides down inside? behind? a wall or partition of some kind. The straight little rubber tipped "feet" at the back keep it from scratching...something. The curved arms in front appear to hold something else (a bag) with loops or handles?

I'd vote for a trash or laundry receptacle; not sure all of it is there. Is there a 13" slot in a cupboard or pantry anywhere?

Senior Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 01:53 PM   #31

No, nothing like that around the unit. I know for a fact it does not go with the refrig because Dometic sent me the parts list. This is not listed. It may go to something entirely different and was just left in this 5th wheel by accident. However, just in case I thought I would ask the forum hoping another Wilderness owner had one and knew what it was. Thanks for your input though.
Old 07-05-2011, 02:12 PM   #32

Damon Owners Club
Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by first5thwheel View Post
It is about 13" by 8"

Here are some more shots of it with the size the white swing lid.
Is it up side down? looks like a cutting board that fits in or over the sink?
Richard
She and I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 02:41 PM   #33

We got a spare rifle bore cleaner with our FW, plus a couple of useless compact vacuum cleaners and a pair of flannel-lined driving moccasins. Fortunately, we were able to identify all our spare gear .

(This is a fun thread. Am enjoying it.)

liz
Old 07-05-2011, 02:59 PM   #34

Tiffin Owners Club
Send the picture to RV upgrades (sponsor of iRV2) maybe they might know??

I guess you didn't buy the papertowel theory.

jack
Jack R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 03:22 PM   #35

Well I have to admit, this forum has the most imagination of any other group of people I have seen. So far the guessing has been a paper towel holder, a garbage bag holder, a pasta stretcher, a hose stretcher, a crisper for the frig, and external BBQ grill holder a bracket to keep things from shifting, and even a holder for large milk jugs! I even was called a woman needing help identifying it and I am a man! (no offence to the party that said I was a gal, because he had a good defense, my old sign on name was ms5thwheel, anyone could have made that mistake!!! What a hoot, I got a new screen name out of it thanks to the moderator. LOL that was the most fun. However, the closest anyone has come is someone said it is a conversation piece !!!!! Well that has been the most accurate so far. As we, all have had quite a conversation regarding this unidentified object. So as we all deliberate, if there is anyone, I mean ANYONE who knows exactly what the devil this little object is, please step forward and make yourself known so that the curiosity can be settled. Thanks so much for all your replies. I too have enjoyed this thread a bunch. LOL :O)
Old 07-05-2011, 03:30 PM   #36

Tiffin Owners Club
Just thought of another idea. When you park in a CG place the item on a small table infront of your 5er so people walking by can see it. Offer an adult beverage to the 1st to identify it. It should get you alot of new friends quickly.

jack
Jack R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 03:46 PM   #37
Administrator in Memoriam

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
It's a defective boomerang.

Throw it away.

It won't come back.

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 05:10 PM   #38
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
My brilliant wife guesses that it some sort of book holder ....like cook books.

I vote for the defective boomerang....throw it away and I bet it won't come back.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 05:25 PM   #39

Spare tire carrier....... Everybody knows that!

Joopy
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 05:25 PM   #40

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Diaper holder? Clean ones of course
Or possibly
A place to set the brownies before you bring them to our rig?
4Knights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 08:21 PM   #41

I am afraid to throw it away as a boomerang, because if it does not come back, I probably will be fined for littering. You know how stringent littering laws are now a days. As far as the cook book holder, good guess if it works I can use it. As far as the spare tire holder, I don't have a spare. Sorry to admit that. And...well for the clean diaper holder I am not incontenent yet, so the only diaper it could possibly hold is one of my grandchildren, and I beleive they are all potty trained as far as I know....
Old 07-05-2011, 08:24 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack R View Post
Just thought of another idea. When you park in a CG place the item on a small table infront of your 5er so people walking by can see it. Offer an adult beverage to the 1st to identify it. It should get you alot of new friends quickly.

jack
Now that is a good idea. A cold beer or a well drink should make me allot of friends on a hot day. Unfortunately, I still would be stuck with the item, unnamed, unidentified and still sitting around my 5er not being used properly.