Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-16-2014, 09:29 AM   #1

Can't find 120v breaker panel

The kids just got a "new" 96 Excel e345trw & lost all internal power. They have the owner's manual, but still can't find the panel
They need help right away. 28º & SNOWING IN KS.

THANKS
rmeusborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-16-2014, 10:47 AM   #2

Look around (mine is next to the door down low) till you see the convertor...it will look like a brownish panel with a section that you can open. I can't describe it much better than that...

It looks like this power center, only with the door closed - the back half is inside the wall, to make it flush mount. Yours may be different, too.

My last trailer had just the power supply under the couch...

HTH!

Tim
Timay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 11:08 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmeusborn View Post
The kids just got a "new" 96 Excel e345trw & lost all internal power. They have the owner's manual, but still can't find the panel
They need help right away. 28º & SNOWING IN KS.
THANKS
All I can say is anyone who can't find the 120v breaker panel in an RV is going to have a lot more problems, (and Dad can expect a lot more phone calls)!
Sorry
Mel
'96 Safari
mel s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 11:09 AM   #4

Thanks for your reply. We'll forward it to the kids & let you know what they find.
Old 11-16-2014, 11:16 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mel s View Post
All I can say is anyone who can't find the 120v breaker panel in an RV is going to have a lot more problems, (and Dad can expect a lot more phone calls)!
Sorry
Mel
'96 Safari
We hear you. We do what we can, but they're young & have to make their own mistakes & hopefully learn from them. We're old, still making mistakes, and mostly forgetting what we learn.
Old 11-16-2014, 03:51 PM   #6

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I was in a Trailer just a short time ago, they had a tripped breaker and could not find the panel.. Under the fridge was a panel, on the door was some letters WFCO, the husband said "No, that's not it"

I should hope most of the members of this forum know what WFCO makes ... Yup, that's it.
Old 11-16-2014, 04:31 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by wa8yxm View Post
I was in a Trailer just a short time ago, they had a tripped breaker and could not find the panel.. Under the fridge was a panel, on the door was some letters WFCO, the husband said "No, that's not it"

I should hope most of the members of this forum know what WFCO makes ... Yup, that's it.

Help me out here, I'm dumber than I look....What does WFCO make?
Arch Hoagland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 06:17 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch Hoagland View Post
Help me out here, I'm dumber than I look....What does WFCO make?
I believe WFCO is the brand name of the inverter... (or converter/charger?), used in some RVs.....and NOT necessarily the "panel" the OP's kids are looking for.
See: Home
mel s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 06:48 AM   #9

They still haven't found it. They're trying to heat with extension cords from the park 20A. Their 12V is dead too. Trying to get them to jump from their car so they can run the furnace. 16º there right now. Hoping their pipes don't freeze...
Old 11-17-2014, 07:37 AM   #10

There should be someone in the park who can help them out. It is easier when someone knows what to look for. If they have run the batteries dead, they should think about replacement soon. Extension cords and a battery charger from a hardware store/Walmart should be high on the list and possible a Mr Heater Buddy from Walmart with lots of one pound propane bottles.
And it could even be that the converter/charger has failed so they may need a house call from an RV repair service. Meanwhile, draining the water may save the plumbing.
SkiSmuggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 08:30 AM   #11

We talked to Ralph in Excel Factory Service who said power distribution is in a compartment on the OUTSIDE! below the bedroom slide at about eye level and forward of the black/gray drain control access door. Still trying to contact the kids.
Old 11-17-2014, 11:12 AM   #12

Found 12V panel where Excel Support said it was. Still looking for 120V panel.
Old 11-18-2014, 09:48 AM   #13

Call 'em back and get better details...surely they can do better than that. Gotta be tough on their learning curve, sure ain't no fun under those conditions.
'05 36TK3 Mobile Suites--retired but not forgotten
wingnut60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 01:51 PM   #14

Finally got through to them again last night. They're waiting for the factory to return their call. They hot-wired the converter, so they at least have 12V. We told them to trace the 30A cord til they find the 120V panel.

Tags
panel