Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-11-2019, 08:53 AM   #15

Most all dark brown and medium grey caps faded back in the 2013 +/- era.
Jayco, Heartland , Keystone, Northwood all suffered from dark color caps fading.
Too bad RV MFG's can't be held responsible like auto MFG's would be.
Cumminsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-12-2019, 05:18 AM   #16

Forest River Owners Club
Class action law suit

I wonder after learning how widespread and over so many years why hasn't there been a class action suit? Let's get one going! Anyone know it works?
kksalmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 08:39 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by kksalmon View Post
I wonder after learning how widespread and over so many years why hasn't there been a class action suit? Let's get one going! Anyone know it works?
IIRC the lawyers make $$$$$$$$$$$ and the consumers get $.

Ironically living here in Oregon there was a company that was making caps for several RV MFG's. Not long after I bought my dark brown cap 5th wheel, the plant burnt to the ground. I don't know if they rebuilt or where the MFG are getting the caps made now. There's 5 MFG that I know of here in Oregon so the plant had a good base. Could've been supplying many other MFG's as well in Ca.
Point being how would it work if the plant is no longer in business? Or would this be on the MFG? Maybe thats why the lawyer gets the big $$$$$$$$$$.
Cumminsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 10:54 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by kksalmon View Post
I asked the same thing last year on the Forest River forum and didn't get much response or interest. It's too late for me as I already spent the $$$ and got it painted myself. But I just don't think there are enough 2nd owners willing to raise a fuss.

Plus now it's getting to the point they are becoming at least 3 years old and the manufacturers will blame it on "lack of proper maintenence" or some other excuse.
Nevadastars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 10:37 PM   #19

I have been thinking about refinishing my Arctic Fox cap with KBS Diamond finish urethane. Anybody have any experience with this product?
https://www.kbs-coatings.com/DiamondFinish-Clear.html
road dogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 07:55 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by road dogs View Post
I have been thinking about refinishing my Arctic Fox cap with KBS Diamond finish urethane. Anybody have any experience with this product?
https://www.kbs-coatings.com/DiamondFinish-Clear.html
I only have experience with one KBS product, which is a surface rust remover and it is amazing. I watched the video with the guy doing his boat, and it looks great. However he didn't say how long it takes to dry. My only concern doing it outside like he did his, would be bugs landing on it, or gust of wind coming up like we get here in the high desert. Looks like it goes on nice. I guess durability would be the main question.
Nevadastars is offline   Reply With Quote