Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-15-2018, 06:15 PM   #1

Chiefs going camping

My wife and myself have worked hard all of our live and now its time to start with camping. I have worked in the ag industry and my wife has had her own business. I also have been a vol firefighter for 42 years. I have had the rank of chief for 21 years and still going. We are buy a used 5th wheeler here in a week or so . We hope to camp here in Michigan this year with a big trip next year to Lakeland Fl. and then across to Texas. We can't wait to meet and make new friends . Chief
jr brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-17-2018, 08:38 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr brown View Post
My wife and myself have worked hard all of our live and now its time to start with camping. I have worked in the ag industry and my wife has had her own business. I also have been a vol firefighter for 42 years. I have had the rank of chief for 21 years and still going. We are buy a used 5th wheeler here in a week or so . We hope to camp here in Michigan this year with a big trip next year to Lakeland Fl. and then across to Texas. We can't wait to meet and make new friends . Chief
Welcome to the club! and glad your getting into the RV'ING life style, have fun.
2004 Montana 2955RL, 400 watt solar, 2000 watt inverter/charger, 4-Interstate 225AH 6volt golf cart batteries, All LED lights,Champion Remote start 3- fuel option 3100/3400 inverter/gen.- 2000 F-350 7.3 4x4 long bed crew cab SRW.
weredoingit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 12:29 PM   #3

Texas has lots of beautiful areas, east Texas has pines, south Texas has Big Bend, central Texas has the Dallas Cowboys () and west Texas has lots of dust and wind. We love it here though. Stay long enough to become a resident and you will be free of state taxes.
aamechs2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 01:33 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Michigan is one of the few states we've gone back to for further exploration. Pretty nice there.

Have you been to the Ford Museum?

Oh and what did you do in the Ag industry? Couple of our girls work in Ag here in California.
Arch Hoagland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 02:31 PM   #5

Camping is a great escape from the daily routine. It's the only way I can get away from work responsibilities and home projects. You mentioned that you have a big trip planned for "next year". One thing I recommend is to take as many trips as you can "this year". You never know what health issues may arise between this year and next year. Have fun!
mbowling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 06:57 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch Hoagland View Post
Michigan is one of the few states we've gone back to for further exploration. Pretty nice there.

Have you been to the Ford Museum?

Oh and what did you do in the Ag industry? Couple of our girls work in Ag here in California.
I was in sales in the ag business sold seed fertilizer and chemicals to farmers great job it was. yes I have been to the Henery Ford Museum many years ago , In our schools back then we had safety patrol it was crossing guards help kids across the street. Well in 6th grade if you were a safety patrol person the school sent you to the museum for our reward.
jr brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 08:47 PM   #7

Quote:
Come on down to Texas!! Sooooo many campgrounds
Old 04-17-2018, 10:14 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
I was in sales in the ag business sold seed fertilizer and chemicals to farmers great job it was. yes I have been to the Henery Ford Museum many years ago , In our schools back then we had safety patrol it was crossing guards help kids across the street. Well in 6th grade if you were a safety patrol person the school sent you to the museum for our reward.
In sixth grade I too was a crossing guard. They told me I'd get my reward in heaven......You were lucky!!
Arch Hoagland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 10:32 PM   #9

Foretravel Owners Club
Keep in mind..
Your 1st coach is a learning tool..
BUY USED! & buy one with everything you "think" you want and will need..
As You will make mistakes and have booboo's We all have.....(sometimes more than twice..)
Within a year or two you will discover..about the RV

What you love about the RV...
What you can kinda-sorta tolerate with the RV..
And what you absolutely hate about that !@#$%^%$#@! RV.
Then you can go get what you should have gotten in the first place..
Happy Hunting

Remember..Every day you put off retiring..is just one less Day of being retired
saddlesore is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camping