Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-17-2019, 06:56 PM   #1

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Coachman Brookstone quality

I follow a few YouTube channels and one of them speaks very positive about the Brookstone quality. I do like the Azdel component in the exterior skin. Price point is very middle of the road but if quality is good, could be a good candidate.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-20-2019, 01:18 PM   #2

Not-so-proud owner of a 2014 Brookstone 325 with a broken frame that is in repair as we speak. Since new in 2014 have replaced all 4 motors of bedroom slide, replaced the rear electric stabilizer jacks, worry about overloading even though it has 7K Dexter axles, replaced the roof (my fault), the electric/gas 18 CU FT fridge will NOT cool in TX heat and, since it's in the slide, I'm sure it's a air flow problem, both couch and theater seats are "shedding", center island is loose, and connection for TV cable is inop so drill a hole is RV wall next to TV and bring in cable directly to TV/Dish receiver, etc.. Why did they stop making the 18 ft 325? Too big for LRE tires? Margin for overweight is too small and I worry too much. List price over $75K, paid under $50K, and it might bring $20K at auction/trade-in?
cletesingler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 07:36 AM   #3

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by cletesingler View Post
Not-so-proud owner of a 2014 Brookstone 325 with a broken frame that is in repair as we speak. Since new in 2014 have replaced all 4 motors of bedroom slide, replaced the rear electric stabilizer jacks, worry about overloading even though it has 7K Dexter axles, replaced the roof (my fault), the electric/gas 18 CU FT fridge will NOT cool in TX heat and, since it's in the slide, I'm sure it's a air flow problem, both couch and theater seats are "shedding", center island is loose, and connection for TV cable is inop so drill a hole is RV wall next to TV and bring in cable directly to TV/Dish receiver, etc.. Why did they stop making the 18 ft 325? Too big for LRE tires? Margin for overweight is too small and I worry too much. List price over $75K, paid under $50K, and it might bring $20K at auction/trade-in?
Please detail the frame issue once you know the results of what happened. The other items you mentioned are somewhat common across all makes and models unfortunately. Its too bad you had to experience these issues.
Old 05-21-2019, 09:06 AM   #4

Personally, I think that would be a step down from an ORV product....
'05 36TK3 Mobile Suites--retired but not forgotten
wingnut60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 11:15 AM   #5

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingnut60 View Post
Personally, I think that would be a step down from an ORV product....
wingnut60, relative to my ORV being a step up from Brookstone, that I would agree but ORV does not make a floor plan that matches my new list of must haves. Arctic Fox and Grand Design do and they are my top 2 candidates.

Just for kicks I did I look at the new Brookstone wide body 310rl on Saturday. It seemed well put together considering the price point is much lower than other rigs i am looking at. Small things would go a long way like LED exterior lights. Hitch on the rear of the rig. Hydraulic vs elec jacks, etc.
Old 05-21-2019, 11:45 AM   #6

Don't have any personal experience with Coachmen, just read a lot of forums. Understand the need for new floorplan, we did that 2 years ago, but stayed with DRV to fulltime. Lots to choose from, hope you get a good one in whatever you buy.
'05 36TK3 Mobile Suites--retired but not forgotten
wingnut60 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
quality