Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-17-2013, 05:15 PM   #1

Columbus by Palomino 5th wheel

Any thoughts on the Columbus fidth wheel by Palomino? We looked at one today and it seems very well built, with all the comforts of homes. Please tell me what you know/heard.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-17-2013, 05:22 PM   #2

These are very nice 5ers. They have a lot of bang for the buck like heating psds on the holding tanks. They also use 7,000 lb axels on their bigger units. The shower is very nice. Even the shorest Columbus has large slides giving good living space.

The 385BH has a great bunk room. I give the Columbus a thumbs up.
tuffr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 06:28 PM   #3

Mid Atlantic Campers
Carolina Campers
Send a message via Skype™ to Tugboat
We have a Columbus 320RS on order will be here and day came off the line last Week. looked for a year then bought it.
Tugboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 06:20 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tugboat View Post
We have a Columbus 320RS on order will be here and day came off the line last Week. looked for a year then bought it.
Thanks for your input. We loved the 365RL floor plan and it seems to be built well.
Old 04-18-2013, 06:25 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuffr2 View Post
These are very nice 5ers. They have a lot of bang for the buck like heating psds on the holding tanks. They also use 7,000 lb axels on their bigger units. The shower is very nice. Even the shorest Columbus has large slides giving good living space.

The 385BH has a great bunk room. I give the Columbus a thumbs up.
We appreciate your input. We have looked at every make of fifth wheels I think and it gets confusing at times. We liked the Landmarks by Heartland as well as the DRVs but the Columbus just seems to have more room, while not cutting down on the construction. Fingers crossed maybe we will get a bigger one soon!
Old 04-18-2013, 07:11 AM   #6

We have a 320RS and love it. We just completed a 6500 mile trip out west and had no major issues. The Columbus line has a lot of nice features that are options on other lines. I particularly like the full size shower! I think someone else mentioned the tank heaters too. It has lots of LED lighting, central vac, dovetailed drawers, and a number of other features normally found on higher end units. One thing I really like, too, is the 100 " width. The extra 4 inches doesn't sound like much, but it really opens up the inside. Their is a facebook Columbus owners group with lots of good info if you care to join. https://www.facebook.com/groups/379970242092901/
skipperw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 07:26 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by skipperw View Post
We have a 320RS and love it. We just completed a 6500 mile trip out west and had no major issues. The Columbus line has a lot of nice features that are options on other lines. I particularly like the full size shower! I think someone else mentioned the tank heaters too. It has lots of LED lighting, central vac, dovetailed drawers, and a number of other features normally found on higher end units. One thing I really like, too, is the 100 " width. The extra 4 inches doesn't sound like much, but it really opens up the inside. Their is a facebook Columbus owners group with lots of good info if you care to join. https://www.facebook.com/groups/379970242092901/
Appreciate your input. Fingers crossed maybe we will be able to get one soon. We will check out the facebook link.
Old 04-19-2013, 08:37 AM   #8

We bought a 365RL and made our first trip in it in the past couple of weeks. We are very happy with it and it is very comfortable.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1215394077.jpg
Views:	572
Size:	593.6 KB
ID:	37170  
dreaminjeepin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 09:05 PM   #9

We purchased a Columbus 365RL last April and spent 8 weeks in it last summer. We love it. A lot of great options that we didn't find on other models, and we researched for over two years before finding the Columbus. We couldn't be happier. Pulls great, the 100" width is nice, and both the inside and outside are made of high quality materials. Everyone who comes in to look is impressed. I am telling everyone how much we enjoy it. We have only had one weekend out this spring, and can't wait for summer to get back out there more.
Jmeyerho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 05:23 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by blrdfh View Post
Any thoughts on the Columbus fidth wheel by Palomino? We looked at one today and it seems very well built, with all the comforts of homes. Please tell me what you know/heard.
We have been camping in our Columbus 325RL since August 2012 and love it.
Patrickdana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 06:24 AM   #11

Thor Owners Club
That is one we have not looked at but will keep as possibility to check out later on when in the market again.
Kro1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 06:57 PM   #12

My DW and I have found the 295RL to be a very good fit for two people...if that is your situation. Lots of windows to "open" the space. May save some money as well, although that was not our motivation. Didn't want to haul more than we needed. We've been very happy...except for the fact we can't find a useful owners manual.

Fool
Fool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 08:46 AM   #13

We just ordered the 385BH to upgrade from our Open Range 345RLS. We were looking at a particular Open Range floor plan, but found out our dealer doesn't carry Open Range anymore and basically replaced that line on their floor with Columbus. They've had great success with that switch, said the quality is higher, etc. We were impressed with the 385, it fit what we were looking for so we ordered it. We should have it some time in October, and we can't wait to get it.
Old 08-25-2013, 09:49 AM   #14

We have a Columbus 320rs. Love the moveable island and the room. Was the best fit for us. You might want to look at Columbus RV group on Facebook we have over 300 Columbus owners on our site
Barefoot68 is offline   Reply With Quote