Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 09-14-2021, 08:01 PM   #15
Senior Member
 
traveldawg's Avatar




 
Ford Super Duty Owner
Grand Design Owners Club
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Titusville, FL
Posts: 751
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cumminsfan View Post
This article just rings so true. For years RV manufactures have produced junk. And they just keep patting themselves on their backs about the numbers they are producing. There is never a mention of quality, just quantity.

While I would really like to think things will improve, I doubt they will. At least not anytime soon. As long as people keep buying the junk manufacturers are putting out they will manage to build as many units as they can to meet the demand. This is a simple equation of supply and demand.

When demand finally ebbs then the weak manufactures will fold, the number of models will dwindle, and manufactures will listen to buyers again and, hopefully, step up their quality control and even start to offer options and upgrades; kind of like what happened in the early 2000's (I think that was when the industry hit a bit downturn).

I don't think any of us have any idea when things will change.

I do know this..... if automobile manufacturers put out poor quality products everyday like RV manufacturers do no one would buy them. Remember back sometime ago how the foreign auto manufacturers got a foot-hold? So, as the author hints at, someone is bound to step in and change the rules. My guess it won't be an American company. That'll clear up the drain on the labor force.

You all can debate all you want about dealers. Dealers are called dealers because they deal the RVs dealt to them. It's what they do.

oh - one final jab..... how about all the "PDI" locations cropping up now in Indiana. I can't wait to see the punch line to that joke.....
__________________
2018 F350, 2019 Grand Design 310GKR
KE4DMG
traveldawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-14-2021, 08:28 PM   #16
Member
 
JJColorado's Avatar
 
Gulf Streamers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: Pueblo, CO
Posts: 42
My sister bought a 2021 26 foot bunk house Coachman Catalina Legacy Edition camper and she really likes the layout that handles her grandkids. However, everything in it is very flimsy and light weight. But an odd thing that seems so petty is the absence of a hand towel holder in the bathroom. How much money could they really possibly save by eliminating that simple feature?
JJColorado is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:20 AM   #17
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 1,464
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhidalgo View Post
We take possession of our very first Fifth Wheel - a 2022 Alliance Paradigm 310RL - on Thursday, 9/15/2021. The rig got here last week and I did an Aircraft QA Inspection on it (Old Navy Aviation Maintenance Chief habit!) with and without the GM. Overall it was not as bad as I had thought it would be from all I've seen and read the past several months:

INSIDE
* Wallboard joint tape was peeling up on edges inside the rig in several places.
* Walls had not been wiped down at factory to get rid of residue from putty used to fill staple holes in wallboards.
* Storage under bed - staples in outboard wall needed fixed.
* Rig needs cleaned top to bottom due to lots of manufacturing debris on floor, under furniture, inside drawers and cabinets.
**WARRANY ISSUE for ALLIANCE - Microwave control pad has deep gouges and scratches in it. Dealer to initiate warranty claim on it

OUTSIDE
*Passenger side propane door needs replaced due to bottom lock being jammed and door appears to be bent. WARRANY ISSUE for ALLIANCE
* Driver and Passenger side propane door framing - Bottom lips on both where seal is inside is also bent outward - when they put propane bottle in at dealer. WARRANY ISSUE for ALLIANCE
* Entry door steps needed locking mechanism adjusted so that the steps actually locked in place when raised.

We will do the normal dog-and-pony show with dealership on Thursday prior to signing anything. The one where they go through everything and show us how to operate everything. I'm sure we'll find more stuff....just the way it goes I guess.

Looking forward to getting this rig out and camping AFTER I get my F350 from Ford...another long and aggravating situation!!!!
When was the Ford built? The reason I am asking is the major recall about the welds on the rear-end failing. Look up the recall in the tow section.
The recall has to do with the SRW F-350.
__________________
2018 Road Warrior 427/2016 golf cart (gas)
2017 Ram 3500 w/Aisin w/4:10
2 Dachshunds DJ (RIP 9-12-19) & Joey (RIP 5-14-21)
hamm2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:47 AM   #18
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 1,086
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhidalgo View Post
We take possession of our very first Fifth Wheel - a 2022 Alliance Paradigm 310RL - on Thursday, 9/15/2021. The rig got here last week and I did an Aircraft QA Inspection on it (Old Navy Aviation Maintenance Chief habit!) with and without the GM. Overall it was not as bad as I had thought it would be from all I've seen and read the past several months:

INSIDE
* Wallboard joint tape was peeling up on edges inside the rig in several places.
* Walls had not been wiped down at factory to get rid of residue from putty used to fill staple holes in wallboards.
* Storage under bed - staples in outboard wall needed fixed.
* Rig needs cleaned top to bottom due to lots of manufacturing debris on floor, under furniture, inside drawers and cabinets.
**WARRANY ISSUE for ALLIANCE - Microwave control pad has deep gouges and scratches in it. Dealer to initiate warranty claim on it

OUTSIDE
*Passenger side propane door needs replaced due to bottom lock being jammed and door appears to be bent. WARRANY ISSUE for ALLIANCE
* Driver and Passenger side propane door framing - Bottom lips on both where seal is inside is also bent outward - when they put propane bottle in at dealer. WARRANY ISSUE for ALLIANCE
* Entry door steps needed locking mechanism adjusted so that the steps actually locked in place when raised.

We will do the normal dog-and-pony show with dealership on Thursday prior to signing anything. The one where they go through everything and show us how to operate everything. I'm sure we'll find more stuff....just the way it goes I guess.

Looking forward to getting this rig out and camping AFTER I get my F350 from Ford...another long and aggravating situation!!!!
Alliance has been pretty open about some equipment not being available when built and saying they’d send ASAP. FYI, some have been built without the soft close hinges and slides. One thing you should check, if you haven’t, is the flooring under the slides when out. Ours were perfect when we picked it up. Somewhere between the dealer and my house, a screw appeared under the edge of the slide and tore the flooring. Now, I pick the edge of the vinyl up and check before putting the slides in.

We love our Alliance. I hope you do as well.
BirchyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:25 PM   #19
Member


 
Coastal Campers
Join Date: Jun 2021
Location: St. Augustine, FL
Posts: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamm2018 View Post
When was the Ford built? The reason I am asking is the major recall about the welds on the rear-end failing. Look up the recall in the tow section.
The recall has to do with the SRW F-350.
The F-350 has been on order since June 25th. No VIN or delivery date yet. I am hopeful the recall will be a non issue when I finally get it delivered. My current F-250 was built in January of this year.
__________________
2021 F-250 XLT
2022 Alliance Paradigm 310RL
U.S. Navy Chief - Retired
Bhidalgo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:26 PM   #20
Member


 
Coastal Campers
Join Date: Jun 2021
Location: St. Augustine, FL
Posts: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirchyBoy View Post
Alliance has been pretty open about some equipment not being available when built and saying they’d send ASAP. FYI, some have been built without the soft close hinges and slides. One thing you should check, if you haven’t, is the flooring under the slides when out. Ours were perfect when we picked it up. Somewhere between the dealer and my house, a screw appeared under the edge of the slide and tore the flooring. Now, I pick the edge of the vinyl up and check before putting the slides in.

We love our Alliance. I hope you do as well.
Thanks. We are looking forward to getting it.
I'll look tomorrow about the slides and junk under the edge...
__________________
2021 F-250 XLT
2022 Alliance Paradigm 310RL
U.S. Navy Chief - Retired
Bhidalgo is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Difference between Sleep Number bed RV models vs. Stick & Brick models DGBPokes Gear and Product Discussions 7 02-14-2017 03:23 PM
04 Vectra w/ Cracks at corners of bedroom slide Bohica Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum 12 02-05-2009 09:39 PM
Monument Valley To 4 Corners GaryKD Navigation, Routes & Roads 9 12-25-2008 04:03 AM
Four Corners ichn2go Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum 8 10-26-2007 01:37 AM
Four corners RedT Forum 101 | Announcements | Member Forum Concerns 2 01-27-2006 04:34 AM

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:17 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.